When To Book Seuss Breakfast?

wanderwish

Just booked for March 2025! First time with Carnival... The Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast is a priority; we want to take our two kids. In the Manager, it is already showing as Sold Out. Two other specialty dining options are also displaying but those show available times. So, is the Seuss breakfast really sold out 16 months in advance? Or do reservations open at a later time? When?

* I have searched for an answer on this, but I can't find any firm, current info.

My experiences with the Dr. Seuss breakfast reservations. Same ship on different sailings.

1. Could not make reservations for months. I checked daily. Then a couple of weeks before the cruise, bookings became available and I made our reservations.

2. For cruise in March next year, bookings were available soon after booking and we have our reservations.

3. A relative told me that she was able to make reservations on Embarkation Day. She said there was a table set up on that day for reservations.

Good luck. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, wanderwish said:

Just booked for March 2025! First time with Carnival... The Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast is a priority; we want to take our two kids. In the Manager, it is already showing as Sold Out. Two other specialty dining options are also displaying but those show available times. So, is the Seuss breakfast really sold out 16 months in advance? Or do reservations open at a later time? When?

* I have searched for an answer on this, but I can't find any firm, current info.

I never knew you could reserve the breakfast before the cruise (I had no reason to look for it). It's always been available for booking onboard - including the cruise I'm on right now. It's held in one of the MDRs, so it's hard to imagine it selling out before the cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I never knew you could reserve the breakfast before the cruise (I had no reason to look for it). It's always been available for booking onboard - including the cruise I'm on right now. It's held in one of the MDRs, so it's hard to imagine it selling out before the cruise.

For the Venezia in Sept, we booked in advance. Selling out would vary cruise to cruise. I've read on sailings where it had sold out, so booked ahead to ensure our spot.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Under the "Categories" drop down, look for "Specialty Dining" b/c that is where it usually shows up.  I looked and it shows available dates for our upcoming 2024 cruises and even through 2025.    It is always fun watching the parade (I believe on deck 5) after the breakfast.  It appears to be a very popular breakfast, so book it ahead of time if you can.  Hope this helps.

Happy cruising everyone!

1 minute ago, Honolulu Blue said:

It was fun to see. I was on the Magic last week on deck 4 when I saw it.

20231113_092517.thumb.jpg.9af05a0158d9418b0bbf2d40b477513c.jpg

Thanks for sharing the photo - I think to take photos too late!   This parade is always fun to watch, including seeing the adults also having a blast.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

I have never seen Suess sold out.  Possibly on a school break cruise, but that would be the only time

I had never seen it sold out either until my upcoming cruise in a couple of weeks. I'm guessing it's because it's a December/Holiday cruise. We booked it months ago but others in our group on a certain social media site have been trying and it's been showing sold out for weeks. 

12 minutes ago, Rudyard said:

I had never seen it sold out either until my upcoming cruise in a couple of weeks. I'm guessing it's because it's a December/Holiday cruise. We booked it months ago but others in our group on a certain social media site have been trying and it's been showing sold out for weeks. 

Huh, good to know

On 11/15/2023 at 2:55 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

This. When we've done the Seuss brunch, I had no idea you could book it ahead of time. Everyone I know booked it onboard.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to update in case any Googlers stumble onto this thread…

Still showing sold out, and we are 397 days out according to Carnival HUB. A second Seuss-themed breakfast has popped up, though. Maybe we’ll try both, the character breakfast and the birthday party! Still hoping it is simply too early and not really sold out.

IMG_5400.png

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, wanderwish said:

Still showing sold out, and we are 397 days out according to Carnival HUB. A second Seuss-themed breakfast has popped up, though. Maybe we’ll try both, the character breakfast and the birthday party! Still hoping it is simply too early and not really sold out.

IMG_5400.png

I booked it fairly close to my sailing (about 4 weeks out), but it was because a slot had opened for that final sea day - every other day was sold out and had been for at least a month prior.

37 minutes ago, tidecat said:

I booked it fairly close to my sailing (about 4 weeks out), but it was because a slot had opened for that final sea day - every other day was sold out and had been for at least a month prior.

It's only held on one sea day, usually the last sea day, so if it was showing sold out on other days that's just a(nother) Carnival IT issue; it was never actually available on those days to begin with.

Now the new birthday breakfast I presume will be held on a different sea day.  My guess is that when Carnival realized people (especially with kids) will pay $10-$15 pp for essentially the same food in the MDR but with added food coloring and silly names, they figured, "Hey, let's see if they'll do it a second time on the same cruise if we just change the theme."

On 2/18/2024 at 9:50 PM, wanderwish said:

IMG_5400.png

we are booked for March 2025 also and see the same sold out listing as you. I have been checking everyday to see if it opens up. My last 2 cruised i was able to book on the first day of the cruise. 

On 2/18/2024 at 9:50 PM, wanderwish said:

IMG_5400.png

i found this link that explains some of what is happening. maybe find your ship on the list and try again after it rolls out. 

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/xZsjKGFx3eT83Pzs/?mibextid=9z1EC3