NCL Sun cruises disappeared after March 2025

Ulsteinvik

Seems that NCL is making changes, NCL Sun not bookable anymore for the Europe Cruises 2025. Her last cruise in the system ends now on 28 March 2025 in Singapore.

I looked at the port schedules of Amsterdam and Le Havre for 2025 and they show now the NCL Sky in Europe instead of Sun.

We booked a while back the Sun from Auckland through to Istanbul in March to May 2025 (6 cruises b2b). 

That includes trips in the middle east and even a turnaround day in Haifa so it's not a surprise that only the first two of those cruises are now shown, as far as Singapore.

I wonder if the Sun will stay in Asia for the northern summer 2025? Or head to Alaska again?

• Like 1

ah you're making me nostalgic. My very first cruise was on the Sun and I have nothing but fond memories. She wasn't the youngest then.  I daresay they're retiring her? Although it looks like she was refurbished in 2021, I would think they'd dry to get another decade out of her.

On 11/16/2023 at 9:31 AM, Rob_H said:

We booked a while back the Sun from Auckland through to Istanbul in March to May 2025 (6 cruises b2b). 

That includes trips in the middle east and even a turnaround day in Haifa so it's not a surprise that only the first two of those cruises are now shown, as far as Singapore.

I wonder if the Sun will stay in Asia for the northern summer 2025? Or head to Alaska again?

I too am booked on the Sun from Auckland to Dubai in 2025. I actually chose this after numerous Australia cancellations  and also because the ship is visiting India.  I have been wondering about the tail end of my 4 cruises sailing to Saudi Arabia and if that itinerary would be changed.  

By the way I thoroughly enjoyed your posts from the Jewel Transpacific which I will be doing next year.

We have Auckland to Istanbul booked, and they still appear in the account,

Today we had four 10% off vouchers added to each of our accounts, without any explanation.  These are normally added after a cancellation.  There are four cruises between Singapore and Istanbul.

So it looks very likely we'll get a notice soon that the cruises after Singapore are officially cancelled.

30 minutes ago, Rob_H said:

Today we had four 10% off vouchers added to each of our accounts, without any explanation.  These are normally added after a cancellation.  There are four cruises between Singapore and Istanbul.

So it looks very likely we'll get a notice soon that the cruises after Singapore are officially cancelled.

Thanks for the heads-up.  We booked Nov ‘25 Sun Lisbon to Canary Islands.  I looked snd we also have a 10% disc expiring 12/31/2025.  Guess we’ll also get notice soon.

9 hours ago, laudergayle said:

Thanks for the heads-up.  We booked Nov ‘25 Sun Lisbon to Canary Islands.  I looked snd we also have a 10% disc expiring 12/31/2025.  Guess we’ll also get notice soon.

Same here. We were booked on the Oct. '25 Lisbon to Canary Islands and Morocco.  😡

12 hours ago, Rob_H said:

I just checked and I too have 3 vouchers in my account, but no notice from NCL yet.

Genzi 😞

41 minutes ago, edspec said:

I have a voucher as well, was booked on the 3/28/25 cruise.  I'm really hoping it is just a ship substitution and not a complete cancellation.

Me too, but I'm not very optimistic.  I don't think we would be getting FCC if it was just a ship swap.

11 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Just got the cancellation notice from NCL!  The March 28th and the April 12th are cancelled!  

I also had a separate European cruise for July of 2025 on the Sun cancelled.  Needless to say I am not happy.

Genzi

Did the cancellation notice give a reason?  I imagine I'll be getting one of those soon.

Just got mine:

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

We are delighted that you've chosen to sail Norwegian for your upcoming cruise vacation on board Norwegian Sun and we thank you for your loyalty.

As a company, we are committed to providing exceptional vacation experiences, both aboard our ships and by taking our guests to some of the most sought-out destinations around the world. As a result of a fleet redeployment, Norwegian Sun's sailings from March 28, 2025 through and including November 3, 2025 have been canceled. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and ask our Travel Partners to please share this information with impacted guests.

A full monetary refund of the fare paid will be automatically returned to the form of payment provided at the time of reservation. No further action is required; your refund will be automatically processed within 30 business days. You will see the refund returned to the original form of payment in seven to 10 business days from the processed date. The visibility of the funds is dependent on each financial institution's internal policies.

For those reservations paid via a previously issued Future Cruise Credit (FCC), 100% of the FCC used will be automatically re-applied to your Latitudes account within ten days of the cancelation date. No further action is required.

In addition, we have issued a 10% discount in the form of an FCC to be used towards any of our published sailings from November 20, 2023 through December 31, 2025. The FCC will be available for use on December 11, 2023.

Should you wish to sail on a similar itinerary to the one you originally booked, Norwegian Sky will offer select voyages to Asia, the Middle East, and Europe from March through November in 2025. Our dedicated team is available to help you rebook your dream vacation when you are ready. Please contact us at 1-800-327-7030 or call your travel professional to get started.

To apply the above-mentioned FCC towards rebooking your vacation on Norwegian Sky, you may book your cruise now and have the FCC applied to your reservation once it becomes available on December 11, 2023, by contacting us directly at the phone number listed above or by contacting your travel professional. Guests residing outside of the U.S. or Canada should visit www.ncl.com for local contact information.

We sincerely appreciate your understanding and look forward to welcoming you aboard very soon.

Sincerely,
Norwegian Cruise Line

5 hours ago, craig01020 said:

In addition, we have issued a 10% discount in the form of an FCC to be used towards any of our published sailings from November 20, 2023 through December 31, 2025. The FCC will be available for use on December 11, 2023.

I received four similar emails for the four cruises I had cancelled.

Despite what it says, there's no need to wait until Dec 11 to use the fcc, if it's in the account it can be used. I've already applied one, to an existing booking. As usual, 10% off the base fare only, not port fees or taxes or extras.

Edited by Rob_H
  • Thanks 1