Silver Moon sailing January 6

gypsyjennifer1

50 minutes ago, gypsyjennifer1 said:

After captains talk this evening and he advised we will know more about our cruise once we get to Jeddah. I asked him about the below link scheduling Silver Moon to be in Aqaba on 16th n 26 th January n he said he knows this n that cruise line needs to be in anticipation. I asked what did he think about our prospects of going further south n he said he thought we would be going north rather than south n that SS will make it a great cruise ?????? 
https://cruisedig.com/ports/aqaba-jordan/arrivals

YES, this is a fascinating "mystery"!!!  Below is from the Silversea website this afternoon being clear that on Jan. 16, the Silver Moon will be Muscat, Oman.  What will really happen, how, when and why?

image.thumb.png.6c11e8ac9de420f4197314e193baff86.png

Hard for both CruiseDig and the SS website to be correct at the same time.  Great updating and sharing.  Good luck and safe travels.  Especially when you need to do "it" for the next few days without the "benefit" of alcohol.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TLCOhio said:

YES, this is a fascinating "mystery"!!!  Below is from the Silversea website this afternoon being clear that on Jan. 16, the Silver Moon will be Muscat, Oman.  What will really happen, how, when and why?

image.thumb.png.6c11e8ac9de420f4197314e193baff86.png

Hard for both CruiseDig and the SS website to be correct at the same time.  Great updating and sharing.  Good luck and safe travels.  Especially when you need to do "it" for the next few days without the "benefit" of alcohol.  

It is indeed hard for CruiseDig and SS to be correct at the same time!!

Well, I have just opened up CruiseDig for Muscat and guess what?   There is no arrival or departure shown for Silver Moon in Muscat in January.

Also CruiseDig does not show Silver Moon in Dubai either in Jan or Feb but does show it in Mumbai on 11th Feb 24.

It could be that the site is not updated or perhaps like others are thinking SS know something that the rest of us don't!

Hi, hoping to join the cruise in Muscat on 16th Jan so I’ve following the thread with great interest. Whilst I really appreciate the updates, I’m not sure how reliable the Cruisedig site is. This site still shows Star Legend as being in various Middle East ports even though Windstar announced they re-deploying Star Legend to the Mediterranean as long ago as October.

Cruise Mapper also has Silver Moon in Muscat 15th/ 16th Jan:

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/muscat-port-4308

9 hours ago, Jaco2 said:

From 7 pm today no alcohol on board until we leave Saudi Arabia. Including the mini bar in the cabin!! 

Wow - till when? Good to know for future Saudi Arabia Silversea cruises…!

The Captain's comments, as reported by gypsyjennifer1, are extremely worrying. Massive thanks to those passengers currently onboard for keeping us updated. It is extremely late in the day to make wholesale changes to the 16th January cruise itinerary! I have asked our TA to see what she can find out.....

Good Morning Everyone

My TA has called Silversea & then I personally contacted Silversea. 
I explained my concerns & the origin of those concerns - however SS confirmed to both me & my TA that ‘to their knowledge’ - the cruise & itinerary was going ahead as planned - they had no information to suggest that it wasn’t. 

Should that situation change - SS would communicate the update to my TA. 

I suggested to SS that someone view the relevant posts / link on CC & then provide an appropriate response. 

I am extremely grateful to those onboard for all the information that has been posted thus far & would be very appreciative of any further updates that become available. 

I will of course also update this thread with any additional information I might receive. 

Thank you 😊 

34 minutes ago, Carebeau said:

Good Morning Everyone

My TA has called Silversea & then I personally contacted Silversea. 
I explained my concerns & the origin of those concerns - however SS confirmed to both me & my TA that ‘to their knowledge’ - the cruise & itinerary was going ahead as planned - they had no information to suggest that it wasn’t. 

Should that situation change - SS would communicate the update to my TA. 

I suggested to SS that someone view the relevant posts / link on CC & then provide an appropriate response. 

I am extremely grateful to those onboard for all the information that has been posted thus far & would be very appreciative of any further updates that become available. 

I will of course also update this thread with any additional information I might receive. 

Thank you 😊 

Captain said we will know more tomorrow in Jeddah. Will keep u all posted. Nothing has changed yet

Thank you for the updates.

My TA called Silversea this morning and they said that they have not been advised of any changes to the 16th January itinerary.

It sounds like we may know more tomorrow when the ship reaches Jeddah.....

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gypsyjennifer1 said:

Captain said we will know more tomorrow in Jeddah. Will keep u all posted. Nothing has changed yet

Appreciate these excellent, continued updates and details. Look forward to learning more tomorrow.  

From www.cruisemapper.com below is their graphic this morning showing things still being on schedule for being headed to Muscat and going through the nearby to Yemen territory on Jan. 11-12.

image.thumb.png.07411ad9cf240020fed9045bdcbd7434.png

37 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Appreciate these excellent, continued updates and details. Look forward to learning more tomorrow.  

From www.cruisemapper.com below is their graphic this morning showing things still being on schedule for being headed to Muscat and going through the nearby to Yemen territory on Jan. 11-12.

image.thumb.png.07411ad9cf240020fed9045bdcbd7434.png

Hello, here is what I see on cruisemapper, sorry to report that Silver Moon is going in the wrong direction..!  Hopefully, it is for security of all guests.

DE07FA32-4729-4528-B269-28D23FD66326.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruise_loverinlaval said:

Hello, here is what I see on cruisemapper, sorry to report that Silver Moon is going in the wrong direction..!  Hopefully, it is for security of all guests.

DE07FA32-4729-4528-B269-28D23FD66326.png

Hello, I am glad to report that Silver Moon is going in the right direction, south …! Have a nice cruise!

73252A0A-99C7-4FD6-A69E-F45C05974936.png

17 minutes ago, Kauaijim said:

Wow. I now am very glad we cancelled. What a mess for all on all levels. They probably will sail empty to Dubai as they must have a full ship from there headed to Mumbai ? 

you made the right decision

Hi everyone

A massive thank you for posting this update on the thread. 
I haven’t heard anything from SS as yet informing us that the Muscat to Dubai cruise has been cancelled…… I think the writing was on the wall - a few days ago !!!!
It is such a shame for all concerned - but I guess we are blessed to be safe from harm & be so privileged to be able to travel & sail on such journeys. 
Hopefully someone will be in touch soon & that I can look at a ‘last minute’ alternative trip to celebrate my 60th birthday 🥳 

Stay safe everyone & thank you once again GypsyJennifer1 for posting the news as a priority. 
Best wishes 😘

33 minutes ago, gypsyjennifer1 said:

Sorry to have to inform but we just heard via a letter than we are headed north back to Aqaba n muscat to Dubai has been cancelled 

Yes, "WOW!" is the correct reaction in many ways, including as to why Silversea waited and waited so very, very, very long to make this decision and notify those involved and impacted.  Appreciate these updates and details. Keep us imformed as to any new info from Silversea as to how they complete these "logistics".  

From www.cruisemapper.com below is their graphic this morning:

image.thumb.png.204d94d532a303836df0ff2944eb82a2.png

There remains the massive "MYSTERY" as to how a potentially passenger-less Silver Moon gets to Muscat and Dubai, including going through the narrow waterway nearby to Yemen territory in later January.

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 250,043 views.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1172051-livesilver-cloud-norway-coastfjords-july-1-16-reports/

We are booked on the 16th January Muscat-Dubai cruise and we have heard absolutely nothing from Silversea regarding a cancellation. We are due to fly to the region this Thursday for a 5 night pre-cruise tour (independently arranged).......