Silver Moon sailing January 6

gypsyjennifer1

26 minutes ago, gypsyjennifer1 said:

SALT Bar at 6pm or other suggestion welcome as I dont know the ship at all.

I'd be happy with that.  Let's do that.  See you there.  I'll wear a red carnation . . . 

Looking forward to your Silver Moon adventure details.  Any and all info items are of interest.  

Will be following along and hoping for the best, especially during the Jan. 11-12 period for navigating around Yemen and into the Gulf of Aden.  Let us know how full is this ship for this sailing, etc. 

From www.cruisemapper.com  it shows the current Silver Moon's position.  

image.thumb.png.f67fc72dc0e4db71fc8300942fcb41c7.png

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

25 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Looking forward to your Silver Moon adventure details.  Any and all info items are of interest.  

Will be following along and hoping for the best, especially during the Jan. 11-12 period for navigating around Yemen and into the Gulf of Aden.  Let us know how full is this ship for this sailing, etc. 

From www.cruisemapper.com  it shows the current Silver Moon's position.  

image.thumb.png.f67fc72dc0e4db71fc8300942fcb41c7.png

I think the Cruise Mapper (and also Vessel Finder) position has been frozen, perhaps deliberately for security reasons.  The ship is showing clearly alongside in Aqaba on the Sea Scanner site.  Will be tracking progress with interest. 

Screen Shot 2024-01-06 at 15.34.01.png

Edited by Fletcher

5 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

I think the Cruise Mapper (and also Vessel Finder) position has been frozen, perhaps deliberately for security reasons.  The ship is showing clearly alongside in Aqaba on the Sea Scanner site.  Will be tracking progress with interest. 

Agree with the smart and savvy Fletcher that some "freezing" and delay could be happening with these maps/on-line info sources.  Yes, "security" is a biggie right now in this challenged region.  

Is below on this map, is it still accurate as to your upcoming port stops and planned schedule?  Know part of the plan for a port stop in Egypt was scrubbed earlier.  

image.thumb.png.3a408e90031f743dc372f533f7c7286d.png

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

1 hour ago, Jaco2 said:

Hi Terry the cruise director for February will be Jonathan Shade.  Left Aqaba , less them 200 passengers on board.

Wonderful details and quick follow-up from our UK friend.  You're a superstar!!  Keep it coming with more background and details as you sail south on the Silver Moon.  Safe travels!!

Hello there

We are due to embark on the Silver Moon on the 16th January - sailing from Muscat to Dubai. 
It is both helpful & lovely to hear about peoples experiences - wishing you all safe travels & perhaps we may meet some of you in Muscat - if anyone is staying on until Dubai 😊

On 1/3/2024 at 10:24 AM, Jaco2 said:

I also  know the ship. 6 pm at the Salt bar👍

missed seeing you at the Salt bar last evening.  hope to meet some of the CC people.  Otherwise service, food, cabin etc all fantastic. 

8 hours ago, gypsyjennifer1 said:

service, food, cabin etc all fantastic

Great to hear that food, service, cabin, etc., are "all fantastic"!!   Keep it rolling with these such updates, details, etc.  If possible any and all visuals are appreciated from this ship and the crew.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

3 hours ago, Jaco2 said:

From 7 pm today no alcohol on board until we leave Saudi Arabia. Including the mini bar in the cabin!! 

Reminds me of my high school days when we were hiding bottles in the most interesting places...

After captains talk this evening and he advised we will know more about our cruise once we get to Jeddah. I asked him about the below link scheduling Silver Moon to be in Aqaba on 16th n 26 th January n he said he knows this n that cruise line needs to be in anticipation. I asked what did he think about our prospects of going further south n he said he thought we would be going north rather than south n that SS will make it a great cruise ?????? 
https://cruisedig.com/ports/aqaba-jordan/arrivals

On 1/2/2024 at 4:33 AM, gypsyjennifer1 said:

Just arrived in Aqaba for boarding Silver Moon on 6th.  Aqaba is a very relaxed safe town.  Not much to see here and not that attractive. Easy to walk around by myself as a woman and very friendly people and great fresh fruit juices.  I will now do a 3 day private road trip to Wadi Rum and Petra.  Look forward to seeing members of CC onboard the Silver Moon on 6th

I am very surprised to see this comment . I was on a 7 day land tour of Jordan in October 2022, and the only place that I did not feel safe walking by myself as a woman was Aqaba. I only walked by myself from my hotel  two blocks to the Aqaba castle and was  accosted several times in those 10 minutes. I loved Petra and Wadi Rum, though I was not fit enough to walk the 850 stairs to the Monastery. I plan to take the Silver Spirit excursion to Wadi Rum (assuming the Aqaba port does not get cancelled) when I take the Grand Voyage from Capetown to Athens, which should arrive in Aqaba on March 22.

That’s really interesting - thank you. We are due to board the ship in Muscat on 16th January & disembark in Dubai on 26th January. 
SS have only just advised us of a change in our pre cruise hotel in Muscat - so goodness knows what is happening. 
It would be hugely appreciated if anyone with knowledge of what is happening - to please post it on this thread - as SS have not been forthcoming with any indication that there may be some changes. 
Thank you so much