Silver Moon sailing January 6

gypsyjennifer1

54 minutes ago, 57 varieties said:

I was unhappy about joining this cruise and am pleased to report that Silversea have changed me to a different itinerary.

Safe travels all.

You just asked to change and it was granted with no penalty?

On 12/27/2023 at 1:27 PM, gypsyjennifer1 said:

I phones SS again today and spoke to a Supervisor asking how SS will keep us safe, and the lady said Ss is still confident going thru the area and have been OK going thru the Red Sea even after the war and expect no changes and we will be notified if any changes. 

Hi everyone - currently onboard the Silver Moon and we enter the Suez Canal tonight (scheduled for 3:30am Dec 31st).  We all received this letter in our cabins yesterday evening:

IMG_20231230_003254732.thumb.jpg.027001c44ce715a45fdd097e639a78f7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

YES!!   The Silver Moon has completed the Suez Canal passage. See below!! Now ready to enter the Red Sea.  

Appreciate from temerarious that this ship is only half full with 289 passengers and the copy of the letter from ship's Captain. 

For those boarding the Silver Moon on Jan. 6, we look forward to live reports (and visuals, if allowed) during the key Jan. 11-12, 2024, period when this ship needs to be navigating through the narrow passageway near Yemen and the pesky rebels.   

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio   

From www.cruisemapper.com, below is their map showing the Silver Moon, blue in color and circled in red, as it completes its sailing in Egypt and for doing the transit of the famed Suez Canal.:

image.thumb.png.08b520794559ee9ebde4eb62270c79d9.png

Quite busy in the Red Sea just now . . . but only one cruise ship! (From Vessel Finder). Today helicopters destroyed three Houthi boats in kidnap attempt on a Mersk container ship.  Quite hairy down there.

Screenshot 2023-12-31 at 16.12.05.png

Edited by Fletcher

12 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

Quite busy in the Red Sea just now . . . but only one cruise ship! (From Vessel Finder). Today helicopters destroyed three Houthi boats in kidnap attempt on a Mersk container ship.  Quite hairy down there.

Appreciate this great shipping visual and follow-ups from Fletcher.  Very interesting amount of traffic down there.   Will check out their website as the Silver Moon gets closer to the danger zone around Jan. 11-12.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

6 minutes ago, Jaco2 said:

Terry I will keep you posted. Leaving for Aqaba on Tuesday..

Great news!!  Safe travels to the port.  And, on the Silver Moon.  If handy, see who might be the Cruise Director on the Silver Moon in February.  The current CD will be on vacation for most of that month when we are sailing, Feb. 11-29, Mumbai to Singapore.

Any and all sharing, tips, insights, etc., for the Silver Moon will be appreciated and of interest.   

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Just arrived in Aqaba for boarding Silver Moon on 6th.  Aqaba is a very relaxed safe town.  Not much to see here and not that attractive. Easy to walk around by myself as a woman and very friendly people and great fresh fruit juices.  I will now do a 3 day private road trip to Wadi Rum and Petra.  Look forward to seeing members of CC onboard the Silver Moon on 6th

No I am staying close to port, but not sure exact time I will get in from Petra as tomorrow will start a 3 day road trip with private driver. That would have been fun to meet for drinks.  how about 6th on the ship and any other cruise critic members going to join the cruise.  we can put a face to the messages would be fun