Rotterdam January 2025 Cancelled

Cmildenb

3 minutes ago, Cmildenb said:

Just got an email cancelling our Jan 2025 Rotterdam cruise with no details why, and no details about our $700 deposit. 

Is this standard? Any insights would be most appreciated.

It could be one of several reasons. We've had that happen to us twice because they had been sold as full charters. We called in and were told to select an alternate date and the full deposit would move over with everything in tact (same OBC, price, cabin type, etc) so long as we selected the same cruise just a new date. In one instance the same cabin was available so all good; the other one we had to select a different cabin in the same category. 

On the phone we were given a deadline to transfer the deposit w/same "perks" after which time we would still be able to transfer the deposit but the new booking would be based on current promo pricing.

You can check the charter and dry dock thread to see if your (former) sailing is on it; they will also tell you why it was cancelled if you call.

My most recent cruise was cancelled because ship was going into drydock and the final cruise was extended by 4 days, going from a 7-day to an 11-day. For that one, we had to pay the new pricing and they transferred our deposit. Our cabin was still available so that part was easy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have some first-hand on this.  The 7 day version on the 19th got cancelled back on October 20th.  At the same time, they cancelled the 9 and 16 day sailing on the 10th.  I think that when I was digging into it, I smell a charter and a change of itinerary to the current 9 day sailing so that they don't have to interrupt the charter on the 26th for the Blues Cruise.

See: 

Edited by Don Kehote
  • Thanks 1