Why is the DePalm island in Aruba private journey $2159.99

whisker2193

Can anyone elaborate on what makes this so much?  I’m curious about the experience but there’s only two of us so it seems outrageous.  The regular DePalm excursion is sold out.  We are looking to see the flamingos and would love to have a cabana of some sort. Any suggestions on workarounds?

22 minutes ago, whisker2193 said:

Can anyone elaborate on what makes this so much?  I’m curious about the experience but there’s only two of us so it seems outrageous.  The regular DePalm excursion is sold out.  We are looking to see the flamingos and would love to have a cabana of some sort. Any suggestions on workarounds?

Maybe the price is a mistake. If not, I wouldn't even consider it! Book with a private excursion operator. 

56 minutes ago, whisker2193 said:

Book it on your own on their website.

3 minutes ago, hcat said:

There's a pvt island off one of the hotels that has a day pass..and all the flamingos you want.  Name has escaped me but its where we are going next time!

got it ..Renassance Flamingo Beach island  day pass.. great reviews.  book ahead!

Day-Pass-Flamingo-Beach-DP-700x700.webp

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, hcat said:

got it ..Renassance Flamingo Beach island  day pass.. great reviews.  book ahead!

Day-Pass-Flamingo-Beach-DP-700x700.webp

Depalms is AI which includes unlimited food, drinks, a snorkel tour, kids waterpark, and even  Flamingos.  Renassance Flamingo Beach island is more relaxing most likely because the drinks aren't included and aren't cheap either.  Depalms does rent out day cabanas, I guess that's part of the expensive price?  This just feels like an excessive money grab by both X and the tour operator designed to attract the naive.  Deplams is like a $100 ticket they're selling for $2100?  I'm sure they include private transportation but the pricing doesn't line up