Deck 13 Balcony on Queen Mary 2?

LadyRemy

First time Cunarder here. I am looking to book a balcony room on QM2 for the Independence Day Cruise 2024. I am trying to pick the best balcony room for views (not Brittania Club). I have been looking at the deck maps and pictures of the QM2 from the outside and seriously can't even see from pictures of the outside of the ship that deck 13 exists. Not worried about sea sickness since this isn't a transatlantic crossing. 

What am I missing? The outside of the ship does not appear to even have balcony cabins on a deck 13, I'm so confused please help explain:

IMG_3497.HEIC

Deck 13 cabins were added in 2016. That looks like an older photo.

But deck plan confirms that all the outside cabins are A2 Balcony Club. Main difference from deck 12 is having glass shower doors.

To me the other downside of deck 13 is only having access to staircase/lifts A without going outdoors.

• Like 2

Personally I'd look at deck 11 midship or mid-forward, although be mindful of the pool above you depending on the specific cabin. QM2's design has all the balconies set further in on the ship's sides so they're protected by the super structure. This might obstruct your view somewhat in one direction if you're all the way forward or aft. 

• Like 1

@LadyRemy, as @D&N has pointed out, your photo is an old one from before 2016 when the cabins were added on deck 13. Here is one of my own photos from earlier this year showing a forward profile of QM2 where the deck 13 cabins are visible.

QM2ForwardProfile.thumb.jpg.949eaadef2b1ea89ba8c4946de8c5ff1.jpg

As already mentioned, all of the balcony cabins on deck 13 are Britannia Club. All but the five forward-most balcony cabins on each side of deck 12 are Britannia Club as well.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 11/20/2023 at 2:53 PM, D&N said:

Deck 13 cabins were added in 2016. That looks like an older photo.

But deck plan confirms that all the outside cabins are A2 Balcony Club. Main difference from deck 12 is having glass shower doors.

To me the other downside of deck 13 is only having access to staircase/lifts A without going outdoors.

Thanks I am in 13016, I think I will move to deck 12.

• 2 months later...

I booked the Independence week '24 cruise as well and was looking at pictures and could not figure out where deck 13 was.  Thanks for posting that pic; it all makes sense now.  I ended up with a mid-forward balcony on deck 11.