Prima - bid up success?

Treacher1

Sailing Prima - Dec 1 - NYC to Galveston - repositioning cruise .  I keep getting emails to bid up to Haven; yet website shows all cabins in Haven booked.  I was wondering if anyone sailing on Dec 1 - has had a successful bid up and to which level cabin.  Thank you!

It’s too early for the bid up results. Those usually happen at the 3 day prior to embarkation mark all the way up until you board. It’s rare for them to give up the upgrades this far out when they still have time to sell those cabins at full price. The emails you are getting are automated. They are not making ANY representation regarding availability. 

Edited by TheDawg79

On 11/20/2023 at 3:41 PM, Treacher1 said:

Sailing Prima - Dec 1 - NYC to Galveston - repositioning cruise .  I keep getting emails to bid up to Haven; yet website shows all cabins in Haven booked.  I was wondering if anyone sailing on Dec 1 - has had a successful bid up and to which level cabin.  Thank you!

Haven and Suite upgrade processing would normally be done this Sunday or Monday for your cruise. 

Upgrades to Ocean View, Balcony, and Club Balcony room occur any time from the day bidding opens until 2 days prior to departure (yeah, NCL will say that they may process onboard upgrades,,, but they typically don't bother for steerage rooms). 

Many times, the Haven is totally sold out. The upgrades are for the one or two last minute cancellations. There are over 1000 staterooms which could submit bids (based on fare paid),,, so the probability of winning a Haven bid is very very very very very small (like near zero percent). We bid on every cruise and have won a few over the years since they closed the upsell desk. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

Yes you can bid on any cabin whether it's sold out or not.  As BirdTravels notes the chance in this case of winning an upgrade is a tiny increment above zero.  I've never bothered to bid on any category that shows sold out.   I've been successful on several upgrade bids but always in a haven catergory with numerous empty cabins.

• Like 1