How's Internet Speed on Enchanted Princess?

smixsell

The last two times I cruised on Regal (the most recent was Summer 2022) the Internet speed was so bad that it was something of a joke. You could not even check your email unless you had about 20-30 minutes to wait. It was definitely not worth purchasing. I was wondering if anyone had any recent experience with internet speeds on Enchanted. I'm trying to decide whether to purchase. Thanks in advance.

Before Starlink was installed I found that in the Caribbean, it was pretty good in the early mornings before 6 AM. I even did a few Zoom meetings during the day when most people were off the ship so I suspect that it should be OK now that Starlink has been installed.

16 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Before Starlink was installed I found that in the Caribbean, it was pretty good in the early mornings before 6 AM. I even did a few Zoom meetings during the day when most people were off the ship so I suspect that it should be OK now that Starlink has been installed.

I never had you down as a zoom meeting type of girl

Just got off the Enchanted after 22 days on Thanksgiving.  Speed test may look slow, but enough for checking e-mails, streaming YouTube at 720p, surf most websites, and doing work related stuff through a VPN.  Was also able attend to Zoom meetings in the evenings (morning in the U.S.).  After 10:00 pm, passenger speed is throttled down  (assuming to give bandwidth to crew), but speed is restored at 6:00 am.  Princess could give faster speeds, but they would also have to raise the prices and this is the best that they can do to be fair to all users.

Edited by SCX22

1 hour ago, SCX22 said:

Just got off the Enchanted after 22 days on Thanksgiving.  Speed test may look slow, but enough for checking e-mails, streaming YouTube at 720p, surf most websites, and doing work related stuff through a VPN.  Was also able attend to Zoom meetings in the evenings (morning in the U.S.).  After 10:00 pm, passenger speed is throttled down  (assuming to give bandwidth to crew), but speed is restored at 6:00 am.  Princess could give faster speeds, but they would also have to raise the prices and this is the best that they can do to be fair to all users.

I'm waiting for them to introduce a tiered speed package depending on which package you've bought. 😄

It might not be long.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

I'm waiting for them to introduce a tiered speed package depending on which package you've bought. 😄

It might not be long.  

Feel sorry for the passengers and the Internet Cafe/Ocean Front staff.  Sorry for the passengers because they will have to potentially pay more.   Sorry for the Internet Cafe/Ocean Front staff because they will have more to explain.  Some of Princess' current demographic can barely wrap their head around the current plan and how to connect/switch devices on the current plan.

2 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

Feel sorry for the passengers and the Internet Cafe/Ocean Front staff.  Sorry for the passengers because they will have to potentially pay more.   Sorry for the Internet Cafe/Ocean Front staff because they will have more to explain.  Some of Princess' current demographic can barely wrap their head around the current plan and how to connect/switch devices on the current plan.

I eliminate the problem altogether but not buying any plan, and never missed it. I can get free text service & internet service at any Caribbean island and calls for .25 cents a minute.