Icon of the Seas

huntnewt

2 minutes ago, huntnewt said:

I have heard some rumors that Icon of the Seas will do a tour so to say before it goes to Miami. Is this true? If this is true, I am wondering if it will make it to Galveston.

I read there is a shortened TA invited cruise before the official first cruise. The chances that during this few days for TAs to show them the ship it goes all the way to Galveston and back is between slim and  none. Sorry. Texas will make do with harmony.  

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I read there is a shortened TA invited cruise before the official first cruise. The chances that during this few days for TAs to show them the ship it goes all the way to Galveston and back is between slim and  none. Sorry. Texas will make do with harmony.  

Thank you for the information. I did not expect it to come to Galveston, but was hoping so!

23 minutes ago, huntnewt said:

Thank you for the information. I did not expect it to come to Galveston, but was hoping so!

Well good news kinda. If you follow the deployment thread. Harmony shows a TA march 2026. My TA who is a good guesser thinks we get a even newer oasis ship like symphony to replace her. 

Believe me, go check icon prices and you will appreciate harmony. Star comes out dec 5. A few posted hoping texas gets star, but he thinks star goes to PC. PC has enough high priced cruises lol. 

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Well good news kinda. If you follow the deployment thread. Harmony shows a TA march 2026. My TA who is a good guesser thinks we get a even newer oasis ship like symphony to replace her. 

Believe me, go check icon prices and you will appreciate harmony. Star comes out dec 5. A few posted hoping texas gets star, but he thinks star goes to PC. PC has enough high priced cruises lol. 

I did see that. I think we know almost for certain that Star is going to PC considering the schedule that is already released. Some are speculating that Galveston will get Icon 3 because it is due to come out around that time, but I just do not see that being the case. I think it will be more profitable in Florida, but with Miami having Icon and PC having Star most likely, it will be interesting to see where it goes. I expect Symphony, Wonder, or Utopia, but leaning towards Symphony, so that the newer ships stay in Florida for Harmony's replacement after she leaves in 2026. For 2025-2026, I see that Harmony is doing more 6/8 instead of purely 7, which is a nice change. I know that they don't really have the pier space unless they start using Terminal 28 again or the new Terminal 16, if it gets approved (I saw in an article that RCL expressed interest in this along with MSC, Princess, and NCL), but I wonder if Royal would ever have a ship dedicated to 6/8, one to 7, one to 4/5, and one to Long Caribbean so that they can compete directly with Carnival. I think that more lines are leaning towards the 6/8 model instead of purely 7 to allow for more diversity in itinerary options. I am also curious to see if Mariner stays with us for 2025-2026 or if we get another ship (I wonder if we would get a Freedom class on 4/5 since Oasis class is moving to the 3/4 in Florida). I fully expect a Radiance class to stay on the Long Caribbean for 2025-2026, but we will have to wait and see which one. I would be interested to know your TA's opinion on all of the above speculations.

6 minutes ago, huntnewt said:

I did see that. I think we know almost for certain that Star is going to PC considering the schedule that is already released. Some are speculating that Galveston will get Icon 3 because it is due to come out around that time, but I just do not see that being the case. I think it will be more profitable in Florida, but with Miami having Icon and PC having Star most likely, it will be interesting to see where it goes. I expect Symphony, Wonder, or Utopia, but leaning towards Symphony, so that the newer ships stay in Florida for Harmony's replacement after she leaves in 2026. For 2025-2026, I see that Harmony is doing more 6/8 instead of purely 7, which is a nice change. I know that they don't really have the pier space unless they start using Terminal 28 again or the new Terminal 16, if it gets approved (I saw in an article that RCL expressed interest in this along with MSC, Princess, and NCL), but I wonder if Royal would ever have a ship dedicated to 6/8, one to 7, one to 4/5, and one to Long Caribbean so that they can compete directly with Carnival. I think that more lines are leaning towards the 6/8 model instead of purely 7 to allow for more diversity in itinerary options. I am also curious to see if Mariner stays with us for 2025-2026 or if we get another ship (I wonder if we would get a Freedom class on 4/5 since Oasis class is moving to the 3/4 in Florida). I fully expect a Radiance class to stay on the Long Caribbean for 2025-2026, but we will have to wait and see which one. I would be interested to know your TA's opinion on all of the above speculations.

There are 6 months of 6/8 days then 7/7 in 2024. I'm booked the oct 8 days to coco cay oct 2024, not 2025. Prices to coco cay went so wild I guess rcl said let's keep doing this. Next year the 8 days start.

I'm laying the same amount for harmony 8 days as utopia 4 days. I still say be careful what you wish for.

Edited by firefly333

Just now, firefly333 said:

There are 6 months of 6/8 days then 7/7 in 2024. I'm booked the oct 8 days to coco cay oct 2024, not 2025. Prices to coco cay went so wild I guess rcl said let's keep doing this. Next year the 8 days start.

Most definitely! It's all about revenue! I follow the Deployment thread, so we will have to see how the future plays out for future deployments. It's always so much fun trying to speculate and put the puzzle pieces together!

10 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I am more than thrilled if Symphony comes to TX.  Perfect!  With all the Icon class ships coming out, maybe Symphony will get cheaper!  We loved her but were with relatives when we did her and we didn't fully get the experience. We loved all her entertainment especially the ice drones! But we didn't make it to Flight...😭 I will definitely be booking her at Galveston.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2023 at 8:56 AM, BecciBoo said:

I am more than thrilled if Symphony comes to TX.  Perfect!  With all the Icon class ships coming out, maybe Symphony will get cheaper!  We loved her but were with relatives when we did her and we didn't fully get the experience. We loved all her entertainment especially the ice drones! But we didn't make it to Flight...😭 I will definitely be booking her at Galveston.

aw but we up in NY/NJ/PA are get her first.  She is coming in 2024.  yippee