IF Needed to cancel Cruise FEW days before sailing

travelali

Interested to cruise again next year with my family. our first cruise after pandemic. (5 cruises before pandemic)

what kind of insurance can you recommend to cover what we paid just in case someone got covid BEFORE trip and cant fly/cruise?

It was a bit traumatic for us few months ago for a land travel when my son got covid just few days before our flight. wasted alot of money as flight, hotel and tours are non refundable.
cruisecare is only refundable 30days before trip. but if few days before, its not covered anymore right?

Most insurance companies available in the US (I realize you are elsewhere) - if you get sick before the trip and can not travel, it is covered.

I recently broke my wrist a few days before my cruise. The cruise insurance paid out on the cruise as I wouldn't be-able to cruise.

22 hours ago, travelali said:

Interested to cruise again next year with my family. our first cruise after pandemic. (5 cruises before pandemic)

what kind of insurance can you recommend to cover what we paid just in case someone got covid BEFORE trip and cant fly/cruise?

It was a bit traumatic for us few months ago for a land travel when my son got covid just few days before our flight. wasted alot of money as flight, hotel and tours are non refundable.
cruisecare is only refundable 30days before trip. but if few days before, its not covered anymore right?

Are you looking only at the "travel insurance" that is provided by the cruise company?

If so, in your country do you have anything similar to independent or third-party travel insurance?  This is insurance sold by an insurance company that is NOT linked to any specific travel vendor (not cruise, air, or hotel, etc.).

Can you Google "travel insurance + <your country (Phillipines?)>" and see if you get any leads?  Try to avoid calling anyone that appears affiliated with a travel provider.

GC