Live B2B2B2B From the Carnival Magic 11/26-12/22

jam19872016

40 minutes ago, hockeyluver said:

Just found this review and looking forward to reading it.   We will be joining you December 10th. We fly out friday and I havent even thought about packing 😛  This will be #25 for me   woohooo.  

Congrats on your milestone cruise! You will get a nice shiny white card to mark the occasion 🙂

Don't worry about packing until Friday, or Thursday if you like to be early 😆

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, princess76021 said:

Never give up!!  Seriously I have both knees replaced and down from 220 to 173 and working on at least 20-25 more.  But give up is not in my vocabulary.  Don't even think it!!

Hugs

I've made great progress but still have a ways to go. But continue on I will, at least when I'm not cruising 🙂

• Like 1

My BBQ spring roll was good again, and so hot and fresh inside. It was a little greasier than I remember, but still quite tasty.

My salad said it came with a black peppercorn dressing, but I am pretty sure it was Caesar. It was a good salad though.

The fish was good again but upon reflecting on all the wonderful new fish options, I think this one is my least favorite. It is certainly the least exciting fish although the grits and sausage are good. I think this would be better with shrimp, or some other sea food or even plain. The fish itself isn't amazing.

The sirloin was ok. Some bites were flavorful and tender. Many were tough and a couple I could not chew, or wish I had not tried. It was also undercooked to my specification. I would probably not order this again. I got it with an extra side of broccoli and those were good.

The pie for dessert I didn't have high hopes for it, even after seeing it. It looked like jello shaped into a pie that a lot of the desserts tend to be. It was actually very tasty and tasted like it was made with fresh bananas although I don't claim to know it was or not. It came on top of a chocolate sauce that was not labeled as such, and the guy next to me can't eat chocolate. That sounds rare, but if that is something that effects you, be aware there is a chocolate sauce underneath.

Service was quick especially considering how busy the dining room was. I was in a row of people again and we were all fast eaters, but even so, there was no lag time as we finished a course, another was presented. Very good!

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 5

Phone almost died on me so letting that charge. Not sure if I am going back out for more than one more drink. The nightly entertainment on here is scarce. One R comedy show all day, at 9:45. Violin music or Latin music, neither really interest me. The rockband is off, Piano lady is doing whatever she is doing. The duo, and guitar solo guy have finished their sets already for the night (it's 8:30!!). It's seriously slim pickens out there. Been light overall on here and tonight is extra quiet.

America Rocks is on, I may do that. It's not my favorite show, even though the cast is really talented on here. But it's about my only option.

I may just make it an early night and see about walking around St. Thomas before it gets too hot tomorrow. Undecided at the moment.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

I may just make it an early night and see about walking around St. Thomas before it gets too hot tomorrow. Undecided at the moment.

St Thomas is one of our favorite islands. One of the things we’ve never done is take the tram up for the view at Paradise Point. That’s in our agenda next time we go. 

• Like 3

Good morning.

I slept longer than I thought I would but that is ok. If my body says sleep, I listen. No plans this morning anyway.

If it's not too hot I'll wander around the port a little. Otherwise it will be a ship day.

App says 78, breezy and nice so things look like a go if that is accurate.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, JandPB said:

St Thomas is one of our favorite islands. One of the things we’ve never done is take the tram up for the view at Paradise Point. That’s in our agenda next time we go. 

I haven't done that either but it's something I would like to do still.

11 hours ago, minniegidget said:

Sounds like you had another great day. See you in the morning.

I had another wonderful day 😁

• Like 2

On 11/29/2023 at 1:22 PM, jam19872016 said:

I did not get the full buffet line, it was too crowded for photos, unlike the salad bar that was going mostly untouched. But here is the menu for the rest of the buffet.

20231129_121717-XL.jpg

Man, I must be blind. Never even saw lido menu's last week. But I may have just been looking in the app. I usually didn't make a trip up to lido except to do my morning walks and a water after.

On 11/29/2023 at 6:55 PM, jam19872016 said:

Reading is fundamental. I know ow what pepper steak is, I was not expecting this...

20231129_185324.thumb.jpg.46b81fce30f65d6c50c4d5822e9d51c4.jpg

I know you said it was delicious. But man that is crazy. Not was I was expecting at all.

On 11/29/2023 at 7:18 PM, jam19872016 said:

I contemplated canceling dessert but I hate cancel culture so I am going to power through 😀

Hilarious sense of humor. Love it.

On 11/29/2023 at 8:22 PM, jam19872016 said:

First two weeks I have different rooms. Then I move again and the final two weeks I got the same room. I book whatever is cheapest and sometimes that means changing cabins.

I saw you followed up later, but it looks like if you are in different rooms, then you are stuck carrying around luggage until 1:30? Man that sucks.

On 12/1/2023 at 12:44 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

It’s almost St. Jude marathon time, so all the ships are hosting mile events to support St. Jude, Simon London, Mike Pack and the other team members running it. 🏃🏽🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏾‍♂️

I walk about 3 miles everyday and saw a few people with shirts last week, but didn't realize I could have signed up for an event or something like that. I tend to do my own boring thing and not mingle. Oh well, that's too bad.

On 12/2/2023 at 7:55 PM, jam19872016 said:

The crawfish strudel was very good. It was very flaky with a nice crunch when you bite into it. It was also piping hot inside. We are reaching Cunard levels of food temperature here. The sauce was spicy with a very good kick. I think if you don't like spicy, I would stay away from this one, or enjoy it without the sauce.

This is the second fish with a BBQ glaze, and just like the last one, it paired unexpectedly well with the fish.  The onion rings on top provided a nice crunch and had great flavor. An odd combination with salmon, but a delicious one.

I thought the crawfish strudel was among my favorite dishes of the week. I loved it. It's funny that you enjoyed the odd BBQ glaze on the fish. I didn't like that pairing at all. And on our ship it was consecutive nights with the BBQ fish. I got it the first night and avoided it the second.

I am caught up to real time and glad to hear that you are having a good time on Magic. Try to get a one day pass to the relaxation area at least once so you can enjoy the thalassotherapy pool. Magic (class) has the best in the Carnival fleet. Enjoying your review and honestly seeing more of the ship through your eyes and pictures than I saw in person, which is kind of sad. I got to end of the week and kind of felt like we were pretty boring people all week.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, five. said:

http://fhma.cclfunhub.com/~/media/files/documents/funtimes.pdf

While on board, can you see if this URL still works to download funtimes pdf? I was looking for a short url last week, with no luck and didn't have internet access to google it.

Nothing happens when I click on it so I don't believe so. I checked downloads in case I didn't see it, but there is nothing there.

3 hours ago, five. said:

Man, I must be blind. Never even saw lido menu's last week. But I may have just been looking in the app. I usually didn't make a trip up to lido except to do my morning walks and a water after.

It's not in the app but I was speaking to the F&B manager on Freedom and during a chat he asked if I would be interested in the lido menu being in the app. I told him that would be a great idea and useful info to have. So maybe it is in the works.

3 hours ago, five. said:

I know you said it was delicious. But man that is crazy. Not was I was expecting at all.

I'll be ordering that when I see it again 😋 😋 

3 hours ago, five. said:

Hilarious sense of humor. Love it.

Thanks 😊.  

3 hours ago, five. said:

I saw you followed up later, but it looks like if you are in different rooms, then you are stuck carrying around luggage until 1:30? Man that sucks.

My bags were moved for me. I took a small bag with me of items I did not want to leave out but could not fit in my luggage (those two bottles of liquor were space hogs). I dropped it in the room before it was ready as I would any other time with priority drop off access.

This has never been my experience for how the b2b process typically works. 11am has been the latest and we are talking 400 B2B onboard. This was just a case of no consideration being given to B2B. Could be isolated to this ship, or a new policy. 

3 hours ago, five. said:

I walk about 3 miles everyday and saw a few people with shirts last week, but didn't realize I could have signed up for an event or something like that. I tend to do my own boring thing and not mingle. Oh well, that's too bad.

No sign up that I am aware of. Most people were in their st.jude shirt from the groove event. Mine was still in the laundry bag and packed away for the next cruise so I didn't bother digging it out and nobody ran me away from the event.

Then again, I walk at my own pace not really with the group. This group kept a decent pace compared to the journeys cruise crowd, but kept stopping for photo ops.

3 hours ago, five. said:

I thought the crawfish strudel was among my favorite dishes of the week. I loved it. It's funny that you enjoyed the odd BBQ glaze on the fish. I didn't like that pairing at all. And on our ship it was consecutive nights with the BBQ fish. I got it the first night and avoided it the second.

Strudel was better than I expected for sure. I was expecting the dough to filling ratio to be off but it was quite good. And sooo flaky

The BBQ and fish combo was surprisingly good for me and i will be happy to eat your helping 🙂

3 hours ago, five. said:

I am caught up to real time and glad to hear that you are having a good time on Magic. Try to get a one day pass to the relaxation area at least once so you can enjoy the thalassotherapy pool. Magic (class) has the best in the Carnival fleet. Enjoying your review and honestly seeing more of the ship through your eyes and pictures than I saw in person, which is kind of sad. I got to end of the week and kind of felt like we were pretty boring people all week.

I took a cheap upsell on Magic years ago to a spa cabin. I found myself only using the pool twice and both times it was because I forced myself to since I had the pass. It was nice, just found it was not something I use.

Nothing wrong with going at your own pace and doing your own thing in vacation. I do way less than most and find doing little or nothing at all to be more relaxing and enjoyable than trying to do it all. 

Thanks for following along 😀

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

The winner of trivia today got a ship on a stick! I may have to swing into trivia tomorrow when everyone is in port.

Double chocolate frappe.

17018029688681857376331902299998.thumb.jpg.193a71796ed5407c057c444f4f2a922a.jpg

Why is a ship on a stick a good thing. How tall is it? Isn’t it difficult to pack?

Baffled as ever…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2