Playa Mia vs. Isla de Pasion?

LB_NJ

4 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

Just looking for a pleasant time on the beach.  

Any thoughts on which is better?

Totally different experiences.

Both places have websites. 

Presumably transport to Passion Island is through cruise line? Method of transport will affect how long transport will take and how long at the island.

i thought you were looking for somewhere close to pier? Neither are close to pier - one requires boat access and the other a taxi.

Edited by c-leg5

I’m ok with a taxi as long as it is easy to get back. Just don’t want to get stranded.

It seems like will have to take transportation no matter what.  No close beaches.

Passion Island is through the cruise line.

Trying to understand the differences.  To see if one makes more sense for us.

5 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

Trying to understand the differences.  To see if one makes more sense for us.

No one can really advise which is better for you personally. You had reviews of both these locations on your other thread, albeit somewhat dated now. You won’t find a lot of people that have been to both, like mitsugirly. A lot depends on what you are wanting from your day and your age group. I have been to Cozumel a lot, usually without kids, and I have been to neither location so I can’t advise you which is better but my decision not to go is based on reviews and research.

You should be able to see the differences from the websites - one is a family oriented waterpark - pools, watersports,  beach and the other is a more relaxing family location with more time consuming transport. One you will reach by road, either through cruise line or independently and will have more flexibility in time at the location, especially if you book independently. The other you will be on the cruise line schedule, whatever the weather. Time at the beach will be fixed.

Not sure if your Passion Island excursion includes food and drink? it varies. Playa Mia has varies package options - buffet is not generally recommended but that is subjective.

Passion Island is a spit in far north of the island , Playa Mia is in the southern tourist zone.

I think it was explained in your other thread that the area around the port is ironshore - rocky outcrops with some man-made sandy areas. You will need transport to sandy beaches -

south, to busy commercialized beach clubs or hotel day passes;

east to more remote beach bars (where you will need to keep your driver);

or north by taxi to some beach clubs and hotels or uniquely Passion Island by ferry, twister or jeep and panga.

The two options you are considering are so different it is difficult to assess what you are looking for. Just throwing it out there but have you considered Cabana Beach at Chankanaab? Or looked at the multiple locations I suggested before? I think you need to do some general research on this forum and TripAdvisor to determine what you require.

Budget, facilities and expectations play a large part in making a decision.