Cabin under the pool

Capri73

On 11/25/2023 at 10:22 AM, Capri73 said:

Hi

We have been assigned 739 on the Soujoin.I know from past experienced people have complained about the noise from the pool area.Can someone tell me how bad it is?

Thank you

When does your cruise start? We are on the Sojourn departing on Dec. 22, 2023 in a Guarantee suite, no cabin assignment yet. 

We were in 743 on the Sojourn earlier this month.  I heard some scraping from deck chairs around 9:00 in the morning.  Staff were probably setting them in their places.  Nothing more than that, happily.

We were in 739 in October 2022.  Sorry to say there was much loud scraping from chairs and loungers being rearranged which woke me up every morning between 5am and 6am. Got a bit better when I spoke to Seabourn Square and also directly to the people rearranging the furniture first thing. However there’s clearly a problem and I don’t understand why staff aren’t notified to hold off on this until later in the morning. Weird thing is the Wintergarden Suites are directly below the pool deck too. In 739 there is also noise from people running up and down the stairs by the pool bar and if there’s an event going on you can hear it all given you’re just below the bar.  On the upside it’s a nice well positioned cabin and we had a really good time regardless.

16 hours ago, Ovener said:

We were in 739 in October 2022.  Sorry to say there was much loud scraping from chairs and loungers being rearranged which woke me up every morning between 5am and 6am. Got a bit better when I spoke to Seabourn Square and also directly to the people rearranging the furniture first thing. However there’s clearly a problem and I don’t understand why staff aren’t notified to hold off on this until later in the morning. Weird thing is the Wintergarden Suites are directly below the pool deck too. In 739 there is also noise from people running up and down the stairs by the pool bar and if there’s an event going on you can hear it all given you’re just below the bar.  On the upside it’s a nice well positioned cabin and we had a really good time regardless.

I have always thought that this location is possibly the worst on the ship.

Why you would put your best suite under the pool deck to hear all that goes on early morning and late night.

I always book a suite with a suite above and a suite below me on any ship.

I had a suite below the pool deck once and luckily was quickly moved to another suite.

Being woken at 05.00 with chair scraping and cleaning is not an option.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

Why you would put your best suite under the pool deck to hear all that goes on early morning and late night

We just stayed in WG on Venture and had same thought given zodiacs are directly above. On the plus side, we always had advanced notice whether we needed to start getting ready for a landing. 

So many things about WG on Venture are head scratchers... Including best suite requiring taking stairs up to the bedroom, bizarrely little storage in an otherwise large bathroom, and questionable furniture placement in several spots.