Symphony rooms

zumbagold

1 hour ago, zumbagold said:

I’m looking to book a balcony. Never been on the ship. Advice as to location?

We prefer Boardwalk balcony as far aft as possible. We watch the Aqua Theater show from our balcony, we can see the ocean and activities on the climbing wall.

Look for a TA offering group rates. We also like that those near the rear cabins require some walking to get to. We do get some exercise in!

Edited by Morecruisesplz
Typo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morecruisesplz said:

We prefer Boardwalk balcony as far aft as possible. We watch the Aqua Theater show from our balcony, we can see the ocean and activities on the climbing wall.

Look for a TA offering group rates.

Thank you!

We like ocean-view balcony cabins mid-ship deck 9. It's only one deck up from Central Park and makes grabbing a bite at Park Cafe easy. Otherwise, it's pretty mid-ship to MDR and up to pool decks. If you can spend the extra money, we really love the ocean-view balconies over the courtyard ones (Central Park & Boardwalk) for two reasons: first - you're on a cruise and who doesn't love a view of the ocean and the fresh breeze; and, second - with the interior balconies you need to keep your drapes closed for any privacy.

• Like 2

I prefer ocean view balconies towards the front of the ship as high as possible. I have stayed in CP and BW balconies on Oasis class ships before, but there is no comparison between these balconies and OV balconies. One benefit of CP and DW balconies is they are cheaper than OV balconies, but the price difference can vary greatly from cruise to cruise. 

We are booked on Symphony otS in July 2024 in 8329 in a Boardwalk Balcony. We are looking forward to watching the Aqua shows from our balcony.  It has a clear view.  Be forewarned, many of the Boardwalk balcony have views of the aqua stage blocked by the spiral slides.  DS and I stayed  in a Boardwalk balcony on Oasis once near the Carousel and enjoyed the music and watching the activity on the Boardwalk.  I have also heard other folks rave re: their Central Park balcony rooms.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PigsCanFly said:

We are booked on Symphony otS in July 2024 in 8329 in a Boardwalk Balcony. We are looking forward to watching the Aqua shows from our balcony.  It has a clear view.  Be forewarned, many of the Boardwalk balcony have views of the aqua stage blocked by the spiral slides.  DS and I stayed  in a Boardwalk balcony on Oasis once near the Carousel and enjoyed the music and watching the activity on the Boardwalk.  I have also heard other folks rave re: their Central Park balcony rooms.  

Does lower or higher in that last aft boardwalk balcony deck make a difference in the view?

1 hour ago, Morecruisesplz said:

Does lower or higher in that last aft boardwalk balcony deck make a difference in the view?

From what I have seen of available videos 8329 is just below the slide on the Symphony,  strm  9329 would have the view of the aqua stage/show blocked by the tube.  I won't know for sure until July.  Our next 2 cruises are on Anthem, so no boardwalk on Quantum class.  I will attempt to find where I saw the video for 8329 and share the info.

38 minutes ago, PigsCanFly said:

From what I have seen of available videos 8329 is just below the slide on the Symphony,  strm  9329 would have the view of the aqua stage/show blocked by the tube.  I won't know for sure until July.  Our next 2 cruises are on Anthem, so no boardwalk on Quantum class.  I will attempt to find where I saw the video for 8329 and share the info.

try checking out this link. These folks have a good take on the Oasis class boardwalk balcony views:

https://www.mycruisingfamily.com/blog/2022/4/18/the-truth-about-royal-caribbeans-boardwalk-view-balconies

Sorry if this ia against the rules, moderator.

1 hour ago, PigsCanFly said:

Thank you!

On 11/26/2023 at 9:33 PM, zumbagold said:

I’m looking to book a balcony. Never been on the ship. Advice as to location?

Best to book a nice  ocean view cabin.  Always cabins above and below.  We like near the  foward elevators.  Not over boardwalk, much too noisy.  Especially the merry-go-round and aqua theatre areas. Avoid them.    Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Cruise a holic

8 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Best to book a nice  ocean view cabin.  Always cabins above and below.  We like near the  foward elevators.  Not over boardwalk, much too noisy.  Especially the merry-go-round and aqua theatre areas. Avoid them.    Enjoy your cruise.

Have booked Boardwalk many times. Have never heard the merry-go-round noise in my cabin. We book them for the aqua theater practice and views. Each to his own. 😃