Current Concierge on Constellation?

JDPCruisers

3 hours ago, JDPCruisers said:

For those that are currently/recently on Constellation in the Retreat, mind sharing who the concierges are in Michaels Club and who is the "Head Butler"?

Hi, I am on it now.  there are 2 Michael's club concierge.  One is Tessa and the other is Jairo.  the hotel director is Paul Cernat. Cruise Director is sue.  

1 minute ago, Michele035 said:

Hi, I am on it now.  there are 2 Michael's club concierge.  One is Tessa and the other is Jairo.  the hotel director is Paul Cernat. Cruise Director is sue.  

Hi Michelle and many thanks! Have you met the head butler? How have you found the condition of the ship, your suite, service, food, etc.? Any and all other thoughts would be much appreciated as this will be out first time on this ship.

On 11/27/2023 at 3:35 PM, JDPCruisers said:

Hi Michelle and many thanks! Have you met the head butler? How have you found the condition of the ship, your suite, service, food, etc.? Any and all other thoughts would be much appreciated as this will be out first time on this ship.

Hi there, OK we did not meet the head butler.  I will give you my honest opinion of the ship.  I found the entire ship fine.  I paid a LOT of attention to is since so many people had bit##ed about it.  Pretty much everything looks new to me, from the rugs to the furniture in all public places.  The rooms definitely need a redo.  Mostly from a lighting and bathroom perspective.  The service was spotty to me and we were in a suite. it took way too long to get the room cleaned.  The food was totally hit or miss. Just so you know we were on the brand new Beyond in March and this was MUCH better food than that.  We aren't highbrow people at all.  Give me a good steak and I am happy.  So Connie was hit or miss.  I really liked the smallness of the ship.  The crew was pretty new and getting the hang of it.  We live 20 mins from Tampa so we picked this due to that and I would do it again.  Wasn't the best cruise I have been on but wasn't the worst.  Please let me know if you need anything else.  Happy to answer!

10 minutes ago, Michele035 said:

Hi there, OK we did not meet the head butler.  I will give you my honest opinion of the ship.  I found the entire ship fine.  I paid a LOT of attention to is since so many people had bit##ed about it.  Pretty much everything looks new to me, from the rugs to the furniture in all public places.  The rooms definitely need a redo.  Mostly from a lighting and bathroom perspective.  The service was spotty to me and we were in a suite. it took way too long to get the room cleaned.  The food was totally hit or miss. Just so you know we were on the brand new Beyond in March and this was MUCH better food than that.  We aren't highbrow people at all.  Give me a good steak and I am happy.  So Connie was hit or miss.  I really liked the smallness of the ship.  The crew was pretty new and getting the hang of it.  We live 20 mins from Tampa so we picked this due to that and I would do it again.  Wasn't the best cruise I have been on but wasn't the worst.  Please let me know if you need anything else.  Happy to answer!

Continued thanks! You not meeting the head butler mirrors others on CC in Sky Suites. Do you know their name?

Likely taking so long for the room to be cleaned because the room attendant is trying to act like the butler. So much for X marketing of the resort team is like having a dedicated butler.

Was the food in Laminae a hit or miss or at other venues, too? Connie have the pizza station in OVC aft? If so, did you try it and how was it? 

Good to hear you would do it again and get the closeness to the port as we are as well to Galveston so have cruised a fair share of RC before going over to X, which we definitely prefer though having not done so since the recent changes. 

15 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

Was the food in Laminae a hit or miss or at other venues, too? Connie have the pizza station in OVC aft? If so, did you try it and how was it? 

We found the Luminae food to be more hit than miss.  We also took a long look at the MDR and Blu menus when we were unsure about the offering in Luminae.  

The pizza was fresh and hot every time (and it was often) that we had pizza.  There was also a small antipasto bar located there.

24 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

Continued thanks! You not meeting the head butler mirrors others on CC in Sky Suites. Do you know their name?

Likely taking so long for the room to be cleaned because the room attendant is trying to act like the butler. So much for X marketing of the resort team is like having a dedicated butler.

Good to hear you would do it again and get the closeness to the port as we are as well to Galveston so have cruised a fair share of RC before going over to X, which we definitely prefer though having not done so since the recent changes. 

If you're in a Sky Suite Tony is the head butler. At least he was when we did the TA that arrived in Tampa last week. Our room steward was just that...a room steward. He did not do any butler duties, only cleaned the room. But he reports to Tony. There were also two or three room service people who report to the head butler. Tony coordinates everything between the stewards and room service staff. 

Tony was missing in action for the first couple days until we went to the Retreat Host because we were missing so many things from our suite. We didn't even have a number in our room to contact him.

We thought the food in Luminae was good although we often mixed items from the main dining room and Blu in addition to Luminae.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JDPCruisers said:

That no butler thing makes sense.  We finally met our room steward and she (Mika) was doing a LOT of the suites so they are clearly understaffed.  She did as good a job as she could.  We were in a handicapped sky suite (not on purpose we did upgrade last minute).  Luminae was OK.  I finally learned that you can ask for the MD menu and honestly ate most of the MD meals which were quite adequate.  Breakfast was hit or miss but we finally went to Blu which was amazing.  I think because it was so bright and vibrant we liked it better than the dark luminae.  Service was jsut as good.  We at breakfast there every day and were quite happy.  If I had to do it again I would eat every meal in Blu and get all 3 menus and pick from that.  but the MD menu was more to our taste...the buffet has both a pizza station and a panini station.  Oh and a pasta station.  Once we found them LOL.  Pool has PLENTY of room even on a sea day and the cruise was totally booked.  I really liked the ship.  In speaking with other people and travel agents, the lack of service and food quality is pretty much across the board post covid.  we have been on Royal a month ago and it was about the same.  We have Norwegian Haven in March. We love the Haven but haven[t been since covid so have to reserve our opinon for now.  oh Michael's club service and the 2 concerige (Tessa was awsome) was wonderful.  It is a little dark for me but the 2 bartenders (Prashant and Michelle) were FABULOUS.  he went out of the way to get me a bottle of wine from the cellar and he made an amazing old fashioned for my husband every night.  they got that right, Michael's club. 

5 hours ago, Michele035 said:

Thanks for an honest detailed response.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, STLCRUISIN said:

If you're in a Sky Suite Tony is the head butler. At least he was when we did the TA that arrived in Tampa last week. Our room steward was just that...a room steward. He did not do any butler duties, only cleaned the room. But he reports to Tony. There were also two or three room service people who report to the head butler. Tony coordinates everything between the stewards and room service staff. 

Tony was missing in action for the first couple days until we went to the Retreat Host because we were missing so many things from our suite. We didn't even have a number in our room to contact him.

We thought the food in Luminae was good although we often mixed items from the main dining room and Blu in addition to Luminae.

Thanks so much for the name of the Head Butler for SS. Continues to sound like other's experiences, invisible head butler and overworked/undertrained stewards, so we're expecting to be the same for us when we're on the 10th but if it does turn out that way, we won't let it affect our having the best time possible. Quite an unfortunate situation created by X leadership.

Good to hear food in Luminae was to your liking, we have had the opportunity in the past to order from MDR and Blu menus and have enjoyed the option.   

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Michele035 said:

That no butler thing makes sense.  We finally met our room steward and she (Mika) was doing a LOT of the suites so they are clearly understaffed.  She did as good a job as she could.  We were in a handicapped sky suite (not on purpose we did upgrade last minute).  Luminae was OK.  I finally learned that you can ask for the MD menu and honestly ate most of the MD meals which were quite adequate.  Breakfast was hit or miss but we finally went to Blu which was amazing.  I think because it was so bright and vibrant we liked it better than the dark luminae.  Service was jsut as good.  We at breakfast there every day and were quite happy.  If I had to do it again I would eat every meal in Blu and get all 3 menus and pick from that.  but the MD menu was more to our taste...the buffet has both a pizza station and a panini station.  Oh and a pasta station.  Once we found them LOL.  Pool has PLENTY of room even on a sea day and the cruise was totally booked.  I really liked the ship.  In speaking with other people and travel agents, the lack of service and food quality is pretty much across the board post covid.  we have been on Royal a month ago and it was about the same.  We have Norwegian Haven in March. We love the Haven but haven[t been since covid so have to reserve our opinon for now.  oh Michael's club service and the 2 concerige (Tessa was awsome) was wonderful.  It is a little dark for me but the 2 bartenders (Prashant and Michelle) were FABULOUS.  he went out of the way to get me a bottle of wine from the cellar and he made an amazing old fashioned for my husband every night.  they got that right, Michael's club. 

Thanks for continuing to answer my questions. Looking forward to our first time on Connie and the the pizza and pasta stations again and hopefully will be able to go to Blu if we can get in, though we have always enjoyed Luminae which has been our go-to. As we always do, will go to Michaels Club do meet the concierges so thanks for their, and the bartenders, names. How was the crowd in the Solarium plenty of room as with the pool? 

On 12/1/2023 at 3:51 PM, JDPCruisers said:

Thanks for continuing to answer my questions. Looking forward to our first time on Connie and the the pizza and pasta stations again and hopefully will be able to go to Blu if we can get in, though we have always enjoyed Luminae which has been our go-to. As we always do, will go to Michaels Club do meet the concierges so thanks for their, and the bartenders, names. How was the crowd in the Solarium plenty of room as with the pool? 

Solarium was a challenge big time!!  Lots of saving chairs early in the morning for all day,.  Very disappointing honestly.  We were able to snag a few while everyone was in port. Other than that, forget it.  The upside is you can get tons of chairs around the pools.