Dietary restrictions

gamblinmon

Yes, there is a box to check…..but it doesn’t mean a darn thing.   As suggested, make it know to the restrauant manager and they will take good care of you. The buffet is iffy.   I am celiac and have gotten poisoned twice in the buffet, despite having the chef walk me around and show what’s safe. I suggest you stick with the MDR.  Good luck, and understand….it is all on you.  Be vigilant and assertive,

• Like 1

We just got off the Sky last Saturday.  At one of our MDR meals the waiter (when taking our order) said "I see from your profile that you have an allergy to shellfish...". Hmmm, no, I've never had any food allergies and I certainly never entered that into my online profile...but they obviously *do* seem to pay attention to what you enter, even if it's wrong!

• Like 2

I have celiac and as others said, introduce yourself to the restaurant manager and/or head waiter. Also very helpful to have a dinner reservation for the same time every night and then you can request to have the same servers every night. Then the head waiter will come around and take your order each night for the following night.

• Like 1

On your app, go to preferences, click dining, and you can enter your allergies.  I have a son with good allergies and we always submit his allergies before we sail and then we straight to the main dining room and ask for the Maitre D as soon as we board to confirm they know about his food allergies.  They usually give him a menu for the first day or have us ask for the head waiter when we arrive to eat the first night.  Princess has always been great about accommodating my son.

i hope this helps.

• Like 2