Thermal Spa Package missing from prebooking?

trupia816

Hi, I've cruised several times on MSC and I always get the Thermal Spa pass before sailing as it is a much better deal to purchase beforehand. It was in my 2 next bookings and now all of a sudden on both of my cruises it is no longer an option. I called MSC and they said there was never an option to buy the Thermal Spa pass and they had no idea of what I was talking about. Does anyone else see this option available on their future cruise? I could have sworn it was $110 per person. 

11 hours ago, trupia816 said:

I called MSC and they said there was never an option to buy the Thermal Spa pass and they had no idea of what I was talking about.

There is some humor in the idea of them removing the spa pass and then trying to gaslight you on the pass never having existed at all.
The reality will be simple ignorance on their side instead. I've only had to contact them once to cancel an addon package, and that experience was odd as well: As if the phone was picked up by the concierge, and he had to relay my request to somewhere else, putting me on hold, occasionally coming back for followup questions, then disappearing for 5 minutes again.

Ok, I just booked for March and the first thing I went looking for was the Thermal Spa for my wife.  I get it for her in advance every time.  Glad it isn't just me no seeing it.  Maybe it's their website...its always been a bit wonky.  If anyone sees it come back, let us know.

28 minutes ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

mine just got back ,did not see it couple days ago

This gives me hope. But, we sail in less than 2 weeks

UPDATE: I just looked again. Yes, it is indeed back. And, at the same goid price as initially. Woohoo! 

Edited by blueslily
  • Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 4:13 PM, trupia816 said:

Hi, I've cruised several times on MSC and I always get the Thermal Spa pass before sailing as it is a much better deal to purchase beforehand. It was in my 2 next bookings and now all of a sudden on both of my cruises it is no longer an option. I called MSC and they said there was never an option to buy the Thermal Spa pass and they had no idea of what I was talking about. Does anyone else see this option available on their future cruise? I could have sworn it was $110 per person. 

Hi, check again. It's back for my sailing. And, at the same price. Woohoo! 

5 hours ago, YellowDog said:

Ok, I just booked for March and the first thing I went looking for was the Thermal Spa for my wife.  I get it for her in advance every time.  Glad it isn't just me no seeing it.  Maybe it's their website...its always been a bit wonky.  If anyone sees it come back, let us know.

Hey. Check again. Mine is back now. Goid luck. 

I have a question. I will buy this pass online in advance now that it is available. But, I am curious what us the price that has been offered during the cruise? One week, caribbean sailing out of Miami on the Seascape. Anyone have experience with buying this on the ship? How much was it?  We have one person in our party that is not sure of she will use the thermal suite much so i wonder if we should wait until we are on the ship to purchase something for her. If we buy it now, can we cancel when on the shop and get a refund? Just trying to figure out how to handle her not knowing yet. 

Thanks! 

From what I have seen listed the thermal spa is $80 per day on board and one should inquire at spa desk for the weekly/cruise pass price (which is never a good sign).  At $195 the thermal pass works out to $18 per day. It also clearly states that the thermal pass is 43% less if you book pre-cruise. As to any refunds once you are on board and decide you don't like the thermal spa I don't know. Hope this helps.

3 hours ago, jaxdog315 said:

From what I have seen listed the thermal spa is $80 per day on board and one should inquire at spa desk for the weekly/cruise pass price (which is never a good sign).  At $195 the thermal pass works out to $18 per day. It also clearly states that the thermal pass is 43% less if you book pre-cruise. As to any refunds once you are on board and decide you don't like the thermal spa I don't know. Hope this helps.

Very helpful. At $130 now, this is a good deal. That is $18/day for our 7 day sailing. Maybe a bit more because doubt we will use it on embarkation day as we will be busy. Guess we could go for an hour after we eat lunch and before the Muster at 4pm. That's reasonable since we do plan to be on the ship by Noon. Cabins are ready by 2pm. So, heading to the thermal suite is a good opportunity to get away from thr crowds of people trying to figure out where to go, hahaha. But I'm not sure how early we can get into the thermal suite on thr first day. I'm guessing they will be doing tours and we don't want folks all in thr way looking at us, lol. 

• Like 1

Speaking to the ability to cancel for a refund once onboard, yes, I just did it in October. It was pretty painless. I initiated the request at Guest Services and later that same day, the refund appeared in my onboard account. At the end of the cruise, I was able to use the SETTLE function at the larger SeaPass card machines to withdraw the excess credit as cash.

On 12/4/2023 at 4:27 AM, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Speaking to the ability to cancel for a refund once onboard, yes, I just did it in October. It was pretty painless. I initiated the request at Guest Services and later that same day, the refund appeared in my onboard account. At the end of the cruise, I was able to use the SETTLE function at the larger SeaPass card machines to withdraw the excess credit as cash.

Wonderful. I'm guessing that you made this request on Day 1 before you used it all all so that you got a full refund? Or, did you request it later during the cruise and you got a partial refund? Thanks!

25 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Wonderful. I'm guessing that you made this request on Day 1 before you used it all all so that you got a full refund? Or, did you request it later during the cruise and you got a partial refund? Thanks!

I used it once on the first day of a 25 night cruise on which I became ill with a bad chest cold that hung on and eventually turned into a sinus infection.  I didn't feel up to spending time in the damp environment.  I actually only made my request for a refund on about day 20. I have the one spa visit included with my Voyager status, so, I'm sure they took that into consideration when fully refunding the cost.