Stockperks App

wesport

Great news... CCL stock is going up!! good earning report Thursday! 

BTW, we sent in proof of CCL stock ownership Tuesday this week to the Seabourn email and received confirmation within 4 hours of 250$ OBC on our acct.(14 day SE asia feb 3)!

No need to use the Stockperks app

Edited by chuckncole

• 5 months later...

Just wondering if anyone has had success in getting their CCL shareholder benefit apply to their account by contacting Seabourn directly and bypassing the stockperks app since the last postings on this topic from Dec. 2023? And if so, can you share the email address to which you sent the email request to? Thank you.

9 hours ago, lulubeau said:

Just wondering if anyone has had success in getting their CCL shareholder benefit apply to their account by contacting Seabourn directly and bypassing the stockperks app since the last postings on this topic from Dec. 2023? And if so, can you share the email address to which you sent the email request to? Thank you.

As far as I am aware it has to be done via the Stock Perks app now, not with Seabourn direct. That is what I was told a few months ago on the telephone by a SB rep.

3 hours ago, lulubeau said:

Thank you all for your replies. We mainly had privacy and security concerns with this third party app. We will give it a shot and provide the strict minimum since this is now the only way to go.

I had similar concerns.  However, all you need to provide is a copy of your CCL holdings from your brokerage account with your account number deleted or blacked out. Outside of your name and address no other private information needs to be revealed.  Probably more secure than an on-line purchase where you have to disclose credit card information.

On the Quest.  Even though I had received confirmation of my stock perks credit weeks ago, the information was not transferred to the ship.  Fortunately, I had brought documentation with me and could present it at Seabourn Square.  I was getting nowhere with the rep until I brought her the printed receipt. Thus, after quite  discussion, the problem was eventually straightened out and the extra credit should be posted to my account by tomorrow.  Never had this problem before.

So…it can’t hurt to bring proof/confirmation with you.

Linda

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whystayhome said:

On the Quest.  Even though I had received confirmation of my stock perks credit weeks ago, the information was not transferred to the ship.  Fortunately, I had brought documentation with me and could present it at Seabourn Square.  I was getting nowhere with the rep until I brought her the printed receipt. Thus, after quite  discussion, the problem was eventually straightened out and the extra credit should be posted to my account by tomorrow.  Never had this problem before.

Linda

Mine seems to be there as a Seabourn credit but isn’t applied to my booking. 

13 hours ago, whystayhome said:

Linda

Had the same problem on Quest in April and was told I needed proof - so did others according to CC. Supposedly an SB IT issue.....again......and still an issue???

Thanks again everyone. I followed your advice and went ahead with it. The whole process of downloading the app, entering my very limited info, downloading a whited out brokerage statement showing my CCL stocks, receiving approval and then confirmation of the OBC being applied took 24 hours! And according to some of your recent comments, I will make sure to have documented confirmation to show onboard if necessary. 

We recently used the Stockperks app for the first time. Full Disclosure - I am NOT a tech savvy person. YES, I can take my time and muddle through some tech issues. That being said, I read NUMEROUS posts here on CC about the pros and cons of the Stockperks app. Some of the info was good, some of it was people spouting off in frustration about the difficulty of the app, info requested, etc. This post is MY experience with the app. Like MANY apps it is NOT "user friendly" (IMHO) in that it requires a little bit of trial and error and figuring out what goes where and generally navigating the app. First, the app was not easy to load. It kept freezing or would not open at all. Installed/uninstalled a number of times. Also had to restart my phone several times. Finally got it to load properly and have not had a problem since. Why was I having the problems with it??? I don't know but it works now. Many of the posts I read on CC people complained that the app was intrusive in that it required them to put their broker account number, password to the account, etc., etc. I did NOT find that anywhere. I did NOT complete the "profile" questions. At NO TIME did I provide account number, password or ANY other sensitive, personal information. I just skipped to the next page. What is REQUIRED and what is ASKED are two different things.  The ONLY information I provided was name and email address, NOTHING MORE. Getting the OBC is a TWO STEP process. I took a picture with my phone of the stock statement with ALL sensitive information blacked out. Next, as requested I uploaded a broker statement showing the Brokers name, our names and the cruise line stock, again with all sensitive information blacked out. I uploaded the statement by selecting MANUAL and did NOT use the dropdown for the list of brokerage firms. Once accepted, it took about 48 hours for the approval of the stock statement. The next step was to request the redemption. In the redemption tab I selected CCL and made the request. It took about 3 days for the OBC to be credited to our account. The broker statement approval is good for a year so there is no need to upload it again for future OBC requests within a year. Now that I understand how the app works, it is a pretty easy system and going forward I won't have the difficulty of the first time. The OBC is a great perk and since we cruise often it is well worth it for us.  Hope this helps anyone interested in giving it a try. Good Luck. Happy Cruising.

--"OBC is a great perk and since we cruise often it is well worth it for us.  Hope this helps anyone interested in giving it a try. Good Luck. Happy Cruising"

What is the limit for OBC (from stock ownership) e.g. for every 100 shares stock?

Thanks in advance for this information.