Live from Rotterdam Dec 3 - 22. Daily mini review

QuattroRomeo

We've been on beautiful Rotterdam since Thanksgiving and have enjoyed every moment.  We disembark on Jan 14th. Kinda ready to go home as we miss our rescue dog! Actually,  he is doing fine with my girlfriend.  I think he's in love with her!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, keeponcruising said:

I got off the Rotterdam last Friday and as promised, I am coming back to report that my travel diffuser works perfectly on the supplied blow dryer in the cabin.

20240103_121634.jpg

20240103_121707.jpg

20240103_121718.jpg

20240106_105233.jpg

Oh, thank you so much for reporting back!  Great info and now I'll order one from Amazon (I've had it on my "shopping list on there since you mentioned it).  I really appreciate you report on it; will save me from dragging my own hairdryer onboard.  Yay!  Hope you had a great cruise; we'll be on her for 21 days starting mid March.

Linda R.

• Like 1

Considering a transatlantic in March or April either on the Rotterdam or Statendam. I notice that on just about all of HAL's ships the Oceanview cabins are on the main deck (lowest deck) and below an activity deck. That to me always means noise above. Is this true with the Oceanview cabins on both of these ships? If so we will get a veranda cabin just to be sure of fairly quiet nights. 

Thanks again for any info provided. 🛌

Dave

11 hours ago, Floridastorm said:

Considering a transatlantic in March or April either on the Rotterdam or Statendam. I notice that on just about all of HAL's ships the Oceanview cabins are on the main deck (lowest deck) and below an activity deck. That to me always means noise above. Is this true with the Oceanview cabins on both of these ships? If so we will get a veranda cabin just to be sure of fairly quiet nights. 

Thanks again for any info provided. 🛌

Dave

We had no issues on a couple of Rotterdam cruises in OV, more toward aft section . Nice and quiet!

Disembarcation in Rotterdam. Accessed a few videos on the port, the central station, and the city itself. Imagine that most passengers head for Amsterdam after departing the ship. Considering that there are give or take 3,000 passengers aboard plus quite a few crew. I am wondering how packed the trains and buses get heading for Amsterdam? How many people decide to stay a day or two in Rotterdam in lieu of that or they just want to see Rotterdam? Just curious as the Celebrity Silhouette does the same transatlantic but ports in Amsterdam.  I don't know whether to feature getting us from the ship to the central station with a couple of bags and then lugging them onto the train and then again to the place we would stay in Amsterdam. Being an old guy and somewhat disabled I have to plan for everything these days. I guess if other people do it without much hassle then maybe we can do it. 

Any info would be much appreciated. 

Dave

Edited by Floridastorm

1 hour ago, Floridastorm said:

Disembarcation in Rotterdam. Accessed a few videos on the port, the central station, and the city itself. Imagine that most passengers head for Amsterdam after departing the ship. Considering that there are give or take 3,000 passengers aboard plus quite a few crew. I am wondering how packed the trains and buses get heading for Amsterdam? How many people decide to stay a day or two in Rotterdam in lieu of that or they just want to see Rotterdam? Just curious as the Celebrity Silhouette does the same transatlantic but ports in Amsterdam.  I don't know whether to feature getting us from the ship to the central station with a couple of bags and then lugging them onto the train and then again to the place we would stay in Amsterdam. Being an old guy and somewhat disabled I have to plan for everything these days. I guess if other people do it without much hassle then maybe we can do it. 

Any info would be much appreciated. 

Dave

I think you may be on the wrong forum Dave.

This post is for the review of the ship Rotterdam,  not the city of Rotterdam. 

On 1/19/2024 at 4:25 PM, Seasick Sailor said:

I think you may be on the wrong forum Dave.

This post is for the review of the ship Rotterdam,  not the city of Rotterdam. 

I was assuming that most passengers aboard the Rotterdam would be either embarking or disembarking in the city of Rotterdam which I believe is the ships home port. As such then possibly my querie could be answered by those passengers. 🤔