Shade options

DB2VA

On the pool deck you can find shade underneath the next deck up. The deck above the pool does not have shade options in the area around the pool. 

You could get a more specific answer if you say which ship you are asking about. 

Some of those umbrellas are in public areas and some are in the seating area reserved for suite guests. Don't count on them being there at all, or being available when you arrive at the pool. The best bet for shade is under the overhangs. 

Keep in mind that one side of the shady areas near the pool in this picture is the smoking section. I believe it's on starboard, but I can never remember. So if you want to sit in the shade by the pool, and you don't want to sit in the smoking section, you want to get there early on sea days to get a good chair. Bring a book and plan on relaxing!

• Like 1

Hi, I have to avoid sun due to skin cancer reasons. I have never had a problem on any ship finding shade. my favorite is the solarium, but always able to find other areas if it is full. I recommend you scope out a nice shady section the afternoon of boarding. I usually go to that spot every day. I have a joke with my friends at work, “The weather looks terrible for my cruise - pure sun every day” 🤣. Enjoy!

• Like 1