Anyone on, or just got off the Grand Princess

1 hour ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Just wondering who the cruise director is on board. I think they have recently changed cruise director.

Is he/she any good? English/Canadian/American???? 

The cruise director is Karen Rogers and she is English. I have not spoken to her, but she normally introduces the shows in the theatre and provides relevant information about arrangements at the ports of call.  No complaints here.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

The cruise director is Karen Rogers and she is English. I have not spoken to her, but she normally introduces the shows in the theatre and provides relevant information about arrangements at the ports of call.  No complaints here.

Great, I prefer English.

Are her off siders that do the trivias and game shows good?

27 minutes ago, cruiser3775 said:

I was on Grand Princess in October. The cruise director Karen was good, well organised and knowledgeable, an asset to the cruise.

Great to hear. A good cruise director can really make a difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Great to hear. A good cruise director can really make a difference.

Yes, absolutely agree. Currently on Oosterdam at the bottom of South America. Cruise director presented introduction to Patagonia. He knew nothing. Read from his notes and hopeless at answering questions. His reply to what kind of penguins we could see was "No idea. Penguins are all much the same"

1 minute ago, cruiser3775 said:

Yes, absolutely agree. Currently on Oosterdam at the bottom of South America. Cruise director presented introduction to Patagonia. He knew nothing. Read from his notes and hopeless at answering questions. His reply to what kind of penguins we could see was "No idea. Penguins are all much the same"

That is just sad ...

On 12/9/2023 at 1:06 PM, yes!yes!yes! said:

Great, I prefer English.

Are her off siders that do the trivias and game shows good?

On the Grand In October, Karen was professional and seemed to be everywhere.  A Brazilian woman took a lot of the game shows, and she was great and with real personality.  She said it was her first trip to ANZ and she'd been with Carnival for some time.  A South African guy also took some shows, I thought he was very mediocre, too forced.  Sorry can't remember their names.  

• Like 1