Age of fellow cruisers has a huge impact on how people enjoy a cruise

Interestedcruisefan

On 12/14/2023 at 9:52 AM, Interestedcruisefan said:

This couple are particularly young and energetic for their age regardless. 

Really enjoying this thread. Although I don't have children, I'm equally happy on adult only or family friendly cruises - it's generally the adults I have issue with!

At 62 I find it very funny how ICF seems (and I paraphrase) to be amazed that anyone over 60 is fit and energetic 🤣. I don't know how old you are ICF but I can assure you that I still feel about 25 and intend to carry on doing so, regardless of my age!

Look forward to your next review. We have no P&O trips planned in 2024 just Cunard and Oceania but I'll be checking in regularly. 

Edited by elmsliebev
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, elmsliebev said:

Really enjoying this thread. Although I don't have children, I'm equally happy on adult only or family friendly cruises - it's generally the adults I have issue with!

At 62 I find it very funny how ICF seems (and I paraphrase) to be amazed that anyone over 60 is fit and energetic 🤣. I don't know how old you are ICF but I can assure you that I still feel about 25 and intend to carry on doing so, regardless of my age!

Look forward to your next review. We have no P&O trips planned on 2024 just Cunard and Oceania but I'll be checking in regularly. 

I totally agree.  I am 76 and still walk the dog twice a day, also still work part time and feel about 40, well until something hurts!!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, elmsliebev said:

Look forward to your next review. We have no P&O trips planned in 2024 just Cunard and Oceania but I'll be checking in regularly. 

I'm not amazed at all

Age is just a number I know and there will be plenty of 70 and 80 year olds with more energy and get up and go then 40 and 50 years olds

But my point stands in general that age of fellow passengers has a huge bearing of vibe on a ship overall

And adult only cruise ships cannot be compared to family cruise ships really

And shouldnt be

Just now, Interestedcruisefan said:

I'm not amazed at all

Age is just a number I know and there will be plenty of 70 and 80 year olds with more energy and get up and go then 40 and 50 years olds

But my point stands in general that age of fellow passengers has a huge bearing of vibe on a ship overall

And adult only cruise ships cannot be compared to family cruise ships really

And shouldnt be

I'm 54 my knees feel like 84 some days!!

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

With my little experience of cruising, I've often found the "older" passengers are a lot more fun and easy going, while most of the younger ones are sat around with their faces in their phones or just look utterly bored/miserable. I know what I prefer when I go on holiday, and if that means dancing away to Erasure at 1am with 70+ y/o Mavis and Jan from Scarborough then bring it on 🙂

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, RebelWithoutAClue said:

With my little experience of cruising, I've often found the "older" passengers are a lot more fun and easy going, while most of the younger ones are sat around with their faces in their phones or just look utterly bored/miserable. I know what I prefer when I go on holiday, and if that means dancing away to Erasure at 1am with 70+ y/o Mavis and Jan from Scarborough then bring it on 🙂

As Mavis' husband, I'd like to register a protest here - I wondered who the culprit was.  She's never been the same since.

Deserted, Scarborough

• Haha 9

15 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

I know what I prefer when I go on holiday, and if that means dancing away to Erasure at 1am with 70+ y/o Mavis and Jan from Scarborough then bring it on 🙂

Ah that explains the guy shouting down to the DJ  .." NOW THEN ,IT'S GONE 1 AM  !!

SOME OF US ARE TRYING TO SLEEP- CAN WE HAVE A  A BIT OF RESPECT ?"🙃

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, kalos said:

know what I prefer when I go on holiday, and if that means dancing away to Erasure at 1am with 70+ y/o Mavis and Jan from Scarborough then bring it on 🙂

A ship of fools 😀

• Haha 2