Specialty dining can't be reserved message on the app?

1412p0oi

Hi all, I've been trying to make dinner reservations through the medallion app, but every time I try to select specialty dining and pay with my credit card that I saved on the app, it gives me an error message. I even tried it with several different cards to no avail. Is this a problem others have encountered? Would it be hard to find a table for myself if I just go to Sabatini's on a random evening?

Just now, 1412p0oi said:

Hi all, I've been trying to make dinner reservations through the medallion app, but every time I try to select specialty dining and pay with my credit card that I saved on the app, it gives me an error message. I even tried it with several different cards to no avail. Is this a problem others have encountered? Would it be hard to find a table for myself if I just go to Sabatini's on a random evening?

Don't go to a SD restaurant on a random evening and expect to get in.  It could happen, but rarer now with more guests having comped meals. 

You would want to make a res as soon as convenient after boarding the ship.

As for DMW, you can try the web version of the Princess App and see how that goes.  Many posters here report better success than with the phone app version.

22 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Don't go to a SD restaurant on a random evening and expect to get in.  It could happen, but rarer now with more guests having comped meals. 

You would want to make a res as soon as convenient after boarding the ship.

As for DMW, you can try the web version of the Princess App and see how that goes.  Many posters here report better success than with the phone app version.

Thank you for the advice! I hadn't known there was a web version, but looked for it and managed to make the reservation!

Though is it possible to still make reservations while on the ship? I haven't experienced any of the foods yet so I don't know if I want to do specialty dining more than once, but I'm afraid of cancelling my MDR reservation and not being able to book it again.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 1412p0oi said:

Thank you for the advice! I hadn't known there was a web version, but looked for it and managed to make the reservation!

Though is it possible to still make reservations while on the ship? I haven't experienced any of the foods yet so I don't know if I want to do specialty dining more than once, but I'm afraid of cancelling my MDR reservation and not being able to book it again.

Your MDR reservation only gets cancelled for your SD night. All other MDR reservations are still good. 

• Like 1

You should be OK.  I always make all of our "normal" MDR reservations first for the group that we usually travel with, and then go back and swap out any given evening (that we have all agreed on) with our specialty dining of choice.  Have never had an issue doing so...and I *ALWAYS* use the "web version" to do so.  I find it much easier than trying to make reservations on a smartphone.

web version.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 1412p0oi said:

If you booked a SD and decided to cancel it on board, should be no issue to keep "your table" or another one in the MDR.  Let them know ASAP - it won't be a problem if you have also arranged to be at the same table with same waiters each night.

1 hour ago, CruiseMob said:

I have a thread asking about this same problem. Rick kindly led me to the web version, but unfortunately for me, it also didn't work. What's odd for me is it is only The Catch I can't book. 

Same here!

• 1 month later...

Can you cancel SD if you have booked prior and then change your mind when on board ?  I see you have to pay up front when booking? Is there a time when you would need to cancel by?

Edited by alibabaxx