December 23, 2023 Nieuw Amsterdam Sailing

ArizonatoFlorida

We are sailing from Ft. Lauderdale on the Nieuw Amsterdam this Saturday.  Our boarding time has been pushed back from 12:40 to 1:00 pm.  (We’re 4 star so we’d hoped for an earlier boarding time. 😏). Other members in our group have been pushed back to 1:40 pm.  The itinerary now shows “All Aboard” time is 2:30 pm.  Seems like that’s going to be hard to get everyone on board and through the muster requirement if the sail away time is supposed to be 3:00 pm.  

We sail on 12/19 from Ft Lauderdale/Port Everglades.  Our all aboard is also 2:30.  We got a 2 PM check in time.  Yikes, that would be cutting it close to sail away.  We plan on showing up at the terminal around 11:30 & see how it goes.  We either get to board earlier or we sit & wait.  I figure the ship won't leave us if we are sitting in the terminal.  P Everglades is usually pretty efficient in getting people on the ship.

• Like 1

I agree that the boarding times are not closely adhered at Ft. Lauderdale.  You should be fine.

But other ports (San Diego) are picky about boarding times, so I don't want anyone to think that it is fleetwide practice.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Naismith said:

I agree that the boarding times are not closely adhered at Ft. Lauderdale.  You should be fine.

But other ports (San Diego) are picky about boarding times, so I don't want anyone to think that it is fleetwide practice.  

Boarded in San Diego on Nov 25-yikes that was one horrible mess.  We waited a few hours after our scheduled check in time.