Muster drill on Norwegian Encore

kelleyfarms

Is the Encore having formal muster drills where everyone attends at a set time or are they letting you show up and scan your key card shortly after you board the ship?  On Prima two weeks ago we were able to scan key card anytime after boarding.  Thanks in advance

John

2 minutes ago, kelleyfarms said:

Is the Encore having formal muster drills where everyone attends at a set time or are they letting you show up and scan your key card shortly after you board the ship?  On Prima two weeks ago we were able to scan key card anytime after boarding.  Thanks in advance

John

NCL does not do the "old fashion" muster on any ship. You will receive an email, every day on the week of your cruise, to watch the safety video. Then you show up at your muster station as soon as you embark to scan your room key. 

31 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

NCL does not do the "old fashion" muster on any ship. You will receive an email, every day on the week of your cruise, to watch the safety video. Then you show up at your muster station as soon as you embark to scan your room key. 

Thanks Bird!  Great news!!

58 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

I didn't receive a single email reminder for our Nov 28 sailing.  My sources tell me that the NCL IT police found the troublemaker and showed him a prompt exit. HoHoHO. 🎄

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I didn't receive a single email reminder for our Nov 28 sailing.  My sources tell me that the NCL IT police found the troublemaker and showed him a prompt exit. HoHoHO. 🎄

So he got the Heave HoHoHo!!  Merry Christmas Bird!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I didn't receive a single email reminder for our Nov 28 sailing.  My sources tell me that the NCL IT poliIce found the troublemaker and showed him a prompt exit. HoHoHO. 🎄

I didn't receive a single email either for my 12/2 Viva cruise. Watched the video once at the 21 day check-in and that was it. 

For me, it forced me to watch the video when I did online check in.  It would not go on until you clicked that you understood.  Then onboard we went right to our station and scanned our card.  

On the Prima, there is also a 14 minute safety video on your stateroom tv that must be played before you can do anything on the tv.

We did not receive any emails either. 

Everyone in our group had to watch the safety video during the online check in process.

Then immediately when boarding, they guided us to our muster station, scanned our cards, ask if we watched the video and said "This is where you'll meet at in case of an emergency" then released us. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Liljo22 said:

For me, it forced me to watch the video when I did online check in.  It would not go on until you clicked that you understood.  Then onboard we went right to our station and scanned our card.  

On the Prima, there is also a 14 minute safety video on your stateroom tv that must be played before you can do anything on the tv.

The “long version” of the video is common on newer ships. We turn it on as soon as we get in the room and let it play. Paying close attention to every minute 😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The “long version” of the video is common on newer ships. We turn it on as soon as we get in the room and let it play. Paying close attention to every minute 😜

That's funny because it is true.  I always get a chuckle out of posters who moan about being FORCED to watch it on their cabin TV screen.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3