Just Back From Ambition

London-Calling

8 hours ago, London-Calling said:

Anyone agree or disagree with my comments? 😉

I would generally agree, we have been on Ambience twice and once on Ambition and would happily cruise on either again if the price and itinerary was right. Hopefully a third ship will be purchased and they will revert to more of the longer itineraries around Africa and South America similar to CMV who we also had several good cruises with.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We've only been on Ambition and I would agree with your views, especially the plumbing it's not acceptable and  an obvious problem which needs sorted. 

We enjoyed the ship and will be cruising again with Ambassador in October next year sailing from Dundee as it's close to us but we definitely wouldn't make the effort to travel to any English ports to sail with this cruise line. 

On 12/19/2023 at 12:05 PM, London-Calling said:

Anyone agree or disagree with my comments? 😉

I found your review quite interesting. We have a cruise booked on Ambition next July and have heard both positive and negative comments about both the Ambassador ships, so would like to gain as much information as possible. However, there is a section of your review that is a little confusing. Quote: "This makes Ambition eight years younger than Ambition. At 48,123 gross tonnes, she is 46% smaller (by volume) than Ambition, yet she still can accommodate around 1,200 passengers. This is only 15% less passengers than Ambience". Should that be "This makes Ambience eight years younger than Ambition" or "This makes Ambition eight years younger than Ambience"? You also don't mention anything about fridges/mini-bars in the cabin. I have to confess that on hearing that most cabins on Ambition don't have the most basic equipment such as a fridge/mini-bar, I was tempted to cancel my booking with them. Did you have a fridge/mini-bar in your cabin? Thank you for taking the time to write your review as I'm sure that it will help others like myself who are planning on cruising with Ambassador in the future.

Hi Lanzalady, I made a few major typos in my review, thanks for spotting them.

Ambience is older than Ambition by 8 years. Neither look old, if fact Ambiences interiors look a little more modern. My grade of cabin did not have a fridge/mini-bar. Other grades might have?

I've been in many ships cabins (and hotels) without a fridge. I would not cancel a cruise over a fridge! All my drinking took place in bars or the resterant, so I did not need a fridge.

Most aspects of the Ambassador experience are very good, for the fare paid. However, Ambassador are bit like a 'Premier Inn'. If you want a 'Savoy' like experience, you need to book 'Crystal' or similar and pay maybe twice the fareor more! 😉