Grandeur Review...The POINTS BUY

-Lew-

23 hours ago, RachelG said:

interesting.  I would have thought they would have enlarged the coffee connection and meridian lounge as those are both very popular venues, but I guess there was no place to get more room. 

I’ve been on for 2 cruises. Only once was coffee connection full and I just asked to join a couple at a table for 4. I don’t see it as an issue

• Like 2

On 12/19/2023 at 5:35 PM, bitob said:

I’ve been on for 2 cruises. Only once was coffee connection full and I just asked to join a couple at a table for 4. I don’t see it as an issue

We shared a table for four with some lovely people at CC this morning before we departed.  ❤️

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pingpong1 said:

I can't believe how "hung up" the writer was regarding the size of the closet!  Sheesh!  You're presumably not going to be spending all your cruise time in the closet!  It's just a place to hang and store the clothes.

Agree. While we were in a Concierge suite on Splendor this summer, we marveled at what we considered an incredibly spacious and well-designed closet. We didn't find it cramped at all, and my wife has a pretty good case of claustrophobia.

Decoration style is, of course, a matter of personal taste, but I was also puzzled by her characterization of the decor as dated and old-fashioned. We really don't care for traditional decor and favor contemporary and transitional design, and think the ship looks great, with lots of very interesting art.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, pingpong1 said:

I can't believe how "hung up" the writer was regarding the size of the closet!  Sheesh!  You're presumably not going to be spending all your cruise time in the closet!  It's just a place to hang and store the clothes.

IKR? We had the same sized cabin (and closet!), and had more than enough storage space. I didn't spend much time in the closet. And then she said she could probably fit her entire wardrobe in the storage space provided. SMH. 

Interesting article from Business Insider. Thanks for the link.

This gave me a chuckle as I have to wonder why anyone would want to stand for a time in their closet. You just go in to pick what you want to leave and dress elsewhere surely?

"Just don't ask me to stand in there for too long — it's a bit claustrophobia-inducing."

This closet is probably larger and has more storage capacity than most home or apartment closets. It is also 2-3 times larger than any RCCL, Celebrity or Oceania cruise concierge cabin closet I have experienced. For some reason this young lady was very obsessed by the closet. I do wish they would add a small lounge chair in the living room area.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, annapolitan369 said:

We also miss a lounge chair in the Concierge suites on Explorer and Splendor.  There is certainly enough room and I have yet to be on a couch in any ship that is really comfortable for sitting and reading, when the weather doesn't allow use of the veranda.

You only have to ask and it will be there, we always have an extra chair