scooter onboard, 13 January 2024

JOHN 57

we will board on 13 January 2024, have yet to register.  My question, riding the scooter onboard, which will the Dream, is there a special line for scooters.  Will this slow me down or push me ahead of the line.  Thank you.

If you are asking whether having scooter will allow you to board 'early' (similar to wheelchair passengers on an airplane), the answer is no. You will board the ship like all other guests based on your assigned arrival time/boarding slot. Depending on your embarkation port, modest delays owing to the need for elevator access, for example, are possible. I have never seen a special 'scooter line' in any terminal but no stairs are ever involved and many of them board each and every cruise.

• Like 2

Having sailed many times with my DH and other friends on mobility scooters, sometimes at port canaveral, there is a line for wheelchairs/scooters, sometimes not. Most times we just go in the Plat/Diamond line. You indicated you had not registered, if you are referring to not telling carnival you will be using a scooter, you need to get in touch with Special Needs as soon as possible to let them know!

I cruised on a knee scooter, not a motorized scooter.  I really did not need any special lines or special treatment.   I will say that the crew was very accommodating ans helpful when I left my knee scooter and used my cane when I got in line for the buffet or taking my seat in the main auditorium.