Future cruise credit

Werangels

16 minutes ago, Werangels said:

I am considering buying a future cruise credit whilst onboard as we cannot commit to dates to book yet.

What are people’s thoughts are on these?  Are they worth it?

Thanks.

If you mean you pay a deposit and that secures you your loyalty discount booking off ship I’d say they are worth it. We’ve done some great better priced bookings if the pricing onboard wasn’t right. Most often we get them when like you we can’t commit to dates which happens more and more these days 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, uktog said:

If you mean you pay a deposit and that secures you your loyalty discount booking off ship I’d say they are worth it. We’ve done some great better priced bookings if the pricing onboard wasn’t right. Most often we get them when like you we can’t commit to dates which happens more and more these days 

Yes, that is what I meant. Thanks.  Good to know you think they are worth it. 

2 hours ago, Werangels said:

I am considering buying a future cruise credit whilst onboard as we cannot commit to dates to book yet.

What are people’s thoughts are on these?  Are they worth it?

Thanks.

These are no longer available as l have reported before. Have you checked with the future cruise staff on board?

?

19 minutes ago, Laganlady02 said:

Good luck. Let me know when you get it.

I was on board in August and Miami confirmed it was no longer available.

I learned they were available and that ship staff were not keen on them as they did not count towards their targets. 

• Like 1

I've never heard of "future cruise credits", HOWEVER: When you are on board, Azamara permits, in fact encourages, booking a future cruise with a $550. deposit. A single, penalty free change of cruise is permitted. As is a return of your deposit for an almost full cancellation ($75 pp penalty?). The credit perks, discounts, etc will also transfer over to the new cruise. If final price drops before your final payment, both the perks you booked and the price change will be honored. We've done it, and have not had a problem. Future cruises are usually announced a good year and a half in advance. Just be aware that there is the risk of the cruise line going belly up in the future, and you've got money "invested" in them that could be lost. So far, there have been no overt issues with Azamara. If you like the line, and like the itineraries they offer, put a deposit down.

5 hours ago, Laganlady02 said:

Good luck. Let me know when you get it.

I was on board in August and Miami confirmed it was no longer available.

Same here, I was unable to purchase from Matthew on Quest in October.  We’ve used these numerous times in the past but apparently we were in the minority 🤷🏼‍♀️ . I’ll be miffed if we missed out and they still available .

7 hours ago, Dr H said:

I've never heard of "future cruise credits", HOWEVER: When you are on board, Azamara permits, in fact encourages, booking a future cruise with a $550. deposit. A single, penalty free change of cruise is permitted. As is a return of your deposit for an almost full cancellation ($75 pp penalty?). The credit perks, discounts, etc will also transfer over to the new cruise. If final price drops before your final payment, both the perks you booked and the price change will be honored. We've done it, and have not had a problem. Future cruises are usually announced a good year and a half in advance. Just be aware that there is the risk of the cruise line going belly up in the future, and you've got money "invested" in them that could be lost. So far, there have been no overt issues with Azamara. If you like the line, and like the itineraries they offer, put a deposit down.

I was just wondering if you have used one of these future deposits recently?  We last cruised with Azamara in 2019 when they were still under the RCI umbrella and we purchased one of the future cruise deposits as you mention.  We didn't see a particular cruise that we liked at the time so my account online would always show the deposit as an "Open Passage" future cruise.  Of course the new system doesn't show you anything.  Our TA has a record of the deposit as do we so we're hoping the "new" Azamara will accept it.  We are looking to possibly cruise with Azamara again toward end of 2024 so I guess we will find out.   Dave