Cel App ~ Linked Cruise

cw2go

I understand the Cel App can be less than dependable but this one is new to me 😵‍💫

I currently have 6 sailings, 5 of them appear perfectly fine. All the options load as they should. I have 1 sailing that is wonky, when you attempt to make any reservations it is greyed out and in small print reads "Link Your Cruise"

I have also followed the prompts to link and search for this cruise with no progress. 

Under My Trips, where all of your sailings are listed. The header for 5 of the sailings has the banner My Cruise in blue but one and it is showing as Linked Cruise in grey. 

In the app the cruise calendar is empty and nothing is showing as reserved. In the cruise planner on my desktop I can make any reservations and all loads for this sailing as it should. 

I have called Cel and the CS Reps do not see any links on their end, as there shouldn't be since this cruise shouldn't be linked at all. I have deleted the app and reloaded several times in hopes of it resetting. 

So now I'm here after several calls and long waits to see if any of you can HELP! 

TIA

Patty 

Have you signed out and back into the app? If this is an iOS app, do you have it on another device? If there's more than one Captain's Club member (recognize you could be sailing alone, just asking) on the reservation, can the other member logon and perform tasks?

That's my first level general troubleshooting. Sometimes deleting and reloading apps on iOS will leave "crumbs" for lack of a technical term. If it looks like it's an iOS thing, look on Apple's web page for how to completely delete an app. If it's Android, sorry... 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, markeb said:

Have you signed out and back into the app? If this is an iOS app, do you have it on another device? If there's more than one Captain's Club member (recognize you could be sailing alone, just asking) on the reservation, can the other member logon and perform tasks?

That's my first level general troubleshooting. Sometimes deleting and reloading apps on iOS will leave "crumbs" for lack of a technical term. If it looks like it's an iOS thing, look on Apple's web page for how to completely delete an app. If it's Android, sorry... 😁

Thanks...Yes I have logged out and back in. No other app on any other device. Sailing with hubby, he doesn't have the app. Yes this is iOS I'll look further into Apple's web page but I believe it's internal with Celebrity...  My best guess is that somehow this one sailing got tagged as linked behind the scenes. 

Patty 

Just now, cw2go said:

Thanks...Yes I have logged out and back in. No other app on any other device. Sailing with hubby, he doesn't have the app. Yes this is iOS I'll look further into Apple's web page but I believe it's internal with Celebrity...  My best guess is that somehow this one sailing got tagged as linked behind the scenes. 

Patty 

If it works on the desktop, it actually sounds more likely something wonky on the phone. But it could be something wonky on their backend not behaving with your iOS device. iOS is great until it isn't, then it gets really frustrating...

• Like 1

When you deleted the app, did you use the touch and hold method, or Settings - General - iPhone Storage? I think the issue might be with your app data, and deleting it from Settings then reinstalling might do a better job of clearing that. Sorry in advance if that's a waste of your time.

• Thanks 1

@cw2go  I have the exact same problem that you describe.  It happens both on my IPhone and my IPad.  I have tried all the above suggestions - nothing solved it.  I called Celebrity and spoke with their tech support and was only told they are working on it.  My husband’s login works fine on every device.  The tech support phone call was about 2 months ago and it still does not work.  I have given up and will be cruising “old school” - No tech.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, daybrake said:

@cw2go  I have the exact same problem that you describe.  It happens both on my IPhone and my IPad.  I have tried all the above suggestions - nothing solved it.  I called Celebrity and spoke with their tech support and was only told they are working on it.  My husband’s login works fine on every device.  The tech support phone call was about 2 months ago and it still does not work.  I have given up and will be cruising “old school” - No tech.

OK. That supports a device or individual logon issue. I can dive into a lot of things on a Windows device, but iOS can be a major black box!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any update? Anyone else having this issue? I’m having the same problem. Just booked cruise for September, husband’s app works fine, mine shows the ‘linked’ banner in grey and unable to book anything via the app. Any suggestions anyone?

4 minutes ago, SDWCruise said:

Any update? Anyone else having this issue? I’m having the same problem. Just booked cruise for September, husband’s app works fine, mine shows the ‘linked’ banner in grey and unable to book anything via the app. Any suggestions anyone?

I called Celebrity, they put in a work order ticket and it was fixed in a few days. 

Patty

Edited by cw2go

On the Celebrity website, if you sign in are all your cruises showing on Upcoming Cruises?

I have had a couple missing that I had to add & then they will show up on the Celebrity App.

9 hours ago, cw2go said:

I called Celebrity, they put in a work order ticket and it was fixed in a few days. 

Patty

I’ve called twice, 1 week apart, it’s now two weeks total and still not fixed.