LIVE * Bliss * 12/31/23-1/7/24 * New Year’s Haven-light Cruise

HBCcruiser

Thank you for a fun LIVE, and a post cruise recap.  Totally enjoyed your energy.  Typically we don’t cruise with a group…but we would have definitely crashed your pose’ (however you spell that)!  

Would you do this cruise again?  Same cruise line, same ship, same itinerary, same dates?  What would you change?  

Thanks again.  Next cruise?

Edited by laudergayle
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Thank you for a fun LIVE, and a post cruise recap.  Totally enjoyed your energy.  Typically we don’t cruise with a group…but we would have definitely crashed your pose’ (however you spell that)!  

Would you do this cruise again?  Same cruise line, same ship, same itinerary, same dates?  What would you change?  

Thanks again.  Next cruise?

I will do this itinerary agin but not with those short port times. Our group likes to travel together over the holidays but it won’t be this itinerary or on NCL (with this group). I’ll be cruising on NCL but all future bookings are in the Haven. Not to say I wouldn’t book Haven-light again but it will be after I retire and don’t need to stick to school schedules. I’m in education. Princess and Royal offer longer port times which I prefer. I prefer doing the overnight Cabo 5-day cruise as well as the short 3 and 4 day Ensenada runs with Royal and Princess. It is cheaper to cruise to Ensenada and do wine tastings than it is to go by land.

Ship? If the Haven were cheaper I’d love to try that but generally speaking we (my DDs and friends who have sailed out of LA) prefer the layout, venues, staff and food on Royal’s Navigator of the Seas. It’s an older ship but we all love the specialty dining venues and food, the night club and the Royal Promenade. Also, the cabins and balconies are larger.

Navigator Balcony Cabin:

IMG_4206.thumb.jpeg.bc6cd6dbc3a17382e6b26349a752e600.jpeg

IMG_4207.thumb.jpeg.65f8349bef91b00bf57df145f4a73fad.jpeg

IMG_4208.thumb.jpeg.eb5bf88b3577928d6f4c46d4665f294c.jpeg

They also offer the Key which is a cheap way to get priority access and treatment. It is very reasonable to book a balcony and still receive priority perks with the Key. 

What I would change -

1. Increase staffing ratios so the staff can spend more time with passengers and have time to do their jobs well.

2. Widen the balcony cabins and add more storage.

3. Make booking dinner reservations prior to cruising easier. Allow us to cancel and rebook like other lines do.

4. Fix the tendering nightmare 🙄

5. Install Starlink ASAP!

Next cruise will be in February over President’s Day Weekend on the Discovery Princess. I’ll be in a PH Suite with my big sister from my sorority who I have not seen in years! It’s a short 4-day but should be fun! Girls cruise! 🥳🥂🥳🐀🥳🥂

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

@Sailing12Away the best infused tequila was the stuff we bought in PV. They also have a tasting room in Ensenada by the big flag which is a 10-15 minute walk from the ship. The tequila at Frida was not infused this time. They just paired the different tequila with different seasonings. 

This is the tequila we bought.

Frida tasting:

IMG_0731.thumb.jpeg.0f9a7f7e4eae36e06eb34b83af9684a1.jpeg

Love the bottles.... I would have bought one just for that alone.

• Like 1