LIVE * Bliss * 12/31/23-1/7/24 * New Year’s Haven-light Cruise

HBCcruiser

11 minutes ago, detroitlions said:

The jeep gladiator Rubican I drive now has the Full spare but it weighs a ton.

Well, to be honest, it doesn't weigh a ton.  Maybe 50 lbs +/-.  About the weight of a full size suitcase.  I'll haul that extra "baggage" around forever for the peace of mind (and avoiding the short life, rough ride and cost of run flats).  I used to own an S10 with one of those silly donut spares.  I bought a steel wheel and cheapo tire at Discount Tires so that I had a real spare tire.  Yeah, call me old school (or just plain old, same thing...).

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Well, to be honest, it doesn't weigh a ton.  Maybe 50 lbs +/-.  About the weight of a full size suitcase.  I'll haul that extra "baggage" around forever for the peace of mind (and avoiding the short life, rough ride and cost of run flats).  I used to own an S10 with one of those silly donut spares.  I bought a steel wheel and cheapo tire at Discount Tires so that I had a real spare tire.  Yeah, call me old school (or just plain old, same thing...).

Agree, the way they are run flat is the sidewall is hard as a rock, they sacrifice road feel and comfort to be able to be run flat.

• Like 1

We had a fun sea day. Everyone was a little slow today due to last nights festivities. My one friend won her blackjack tournament round! We created our own poker run pub crawl. So fun!! IMG_4906.thumb.jpeg.08a3e3f19a7b3acc0407b6ae6a9c37d7.jpeg

IMG_4907.thumb.jpeg.972905d7a17a90480bfb62b4a112e2bb.jpeg

IMG_4908.thumb.jpeg.abd0c49f1daa003188b4be8fed0dfa0c.jpeg

IMG_4909.thumb.jpeg.e98b04b6362b582be4cc513dcbcf3999.jpeg

• Like 8

You made my "Monday" morning so much better by having this review. Thank you! I saw it pop up last week before signing off and am so glad I was able to get through it, coffee in hand, before my slew of meetings begin at 9:15. 

Love the t-shirts! I'm not one for matching shirts, but the way you designed them to be unique is so cool. You had me biting my nails for a bit on if your DD would make it in time. Glad she did and everyone got onboard! Ocean Blue looks yummy and y'all...wow, decked all out for New Years! Last year on Getaway we didn't make it to quite midnight. 

I hope the Pommery keeps you well-hydrated for the duration. Can't wait to hear more about your fantastic trip - during or after. Don't stress if the WiFi is no good...we don't want to wait, but we can wait. Enjoy time with your friends and fam! 

• Like 6

Last night we went to Cagneys then saw Six. The singers were amazing! Cagneys was very good despite what we have heard on various social media sites. I had the Caesar and filet with mushrooms and scalloped potatoes as sides. All were 9:10 forks to 10:10 forks for the potatoes. So good! My DH and I used our latitudes coupon for the dinner and wine. The wine was quite good!

Everyone was wiped from NYE so we calked. It a night by 11 PM. Cabo today.

IMG_4914.thumb.jpeg.0d459f2eff1a94c592137501c6d53346.jpeg

IMG_4916.thumb.jpeg.14c1bcb8c78d305533dc8a002f16b6a8.jpeg

IMG_4917.thumb.jpeg.68f8a5facca6954c994ba5414324db18.jpeg

IMG_4913.jpeg

• Like 9

So far I have not missed being in the Haven too much. We are all out and about doing things that I don’t think about it much. We have been receiving top notch service and the specialty dining has been very good. I will say the cabin is very narrow, especially by the bed, but the bathroom is a nice size. I may miss the priority tendering but we plan on getting in line by 11 today. Our excursion ticket is the tender ticket. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I wish they were 50# they are almost double at 85 to 90# each. These are 33in tires.

3 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

I had the Caesar and filet with mushrooms and scalloped potatoes as sides.

That fillet looks medium.  Did you order medium rare or rare?  I usually order one level below what I really want, because they seem to always overcook them.

Thanks for your great review so far!  My mom and I are going to be on the Bliss from Jan 12-27, we are in a regular balcony room and of course will have the bed split apart as well - it looks like per your photo above that each bed looks wider than the standard "single" from previous cruises I've been on where they split the beds for us - including Norweigan Jade last year.  Am I just seeing things, or are they bigger on the Bliss or are they bigger because you are in a Club Balcony Suite versus regular balcony?   Hopefully this makes sense, and keep on enjoying your cruise this week!

5 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

That fillet looks medium.  Did you order medium rare or rare?  I usually order one level below what I really want, because they seem to always overcook them.

No I ordered Medium. It was done correctly.

• Like 2

We were able to grab the first gender out this morning but coming back is a cluster unless you are in the Haven. We waited an hour in line. Never happened on Princess but their tenders are bigger. 

The luxury sail excursion was fun! I wouldn’t call it luxury but the drinks were flowing and they served some good snack boxes. After that we went to Nicksan’s for sushi. 
IMG_4949.thumb.jpeg.320907fff81f720e4cf6e698b7bbd835.jpeg

IMG_4954.thumb.jpeg.0c5fbf3c1005e1ff00fbc2bcd14660a8.jpeg

IMG_4958.thumb.jpeg.4e0955522b67cb63f7fe813ae1005dc7.jpeg

IMG_4976.thumb.jpeg.90bdaceda0e929a857bdac53b8592c10.jpeg

IMG_4973.thumb.jpeg.101167acf25088a428ba98612918bc00.jpeg

IMG_1808.thumb.jpeg.2eb90014f20b4190beacc00dc72cf4ef.jpeg

IMG_0455.thumb.jpeg.2eaf3452e37f5dfc2da6d6a200f222cd.jpeg

IMG_4966.jpeg

IMG_0442.jpeg

IMG_1807.jpeg

• Like 7

15 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

The luxury sail excursion was fun! I wouldn’t call it luxury but the drinks were flowing and they served some good snack boxes. After that we went to Nicksan’s for sushi. 

We are doing this same excursion next week. Glad to hear you had fun! Curious if there is a restroom on the boat?