LIVE * Bliss * 12/31/23-1/7/24 * New Year’s Haven-light Cruise

HBCcruiser

14 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Lol…I had to Google FFS.  😂.  Fortunately YALL (Google it…lol) still have time to pull everyone together.

It looks like the tow truck will l take her and her car to Palm Springs to the dealership. Uber can then drive her home to HB. Her insurance will cover all of it. As long as she gets here safely I’m good. Backup plan is DH drives to Palm Springs to get her. 🙏

• Like 2

Oh no. We hope your DD gets there safely soon. At least she drove up before embarkation day. Looking forward to following along. It sounds like a fun cruise! 

We had a DS join us on a cruise this year and it was a trip of a lifetime for more reasons than I can explain in this post. We are planning a cruise with a DD in May and will have the other three DS/DD join us soon after but one at a time we think so far. 

Looking forward to your live review!  Again, enjoy the time with your DD’s, family and friends. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

It looks like the tow truck will l take her and her car to Palm Springs to the dealership. Uber can then drive her home to HB. Her insurance will cover all of it. As long as she gets here safely I’m good. Backup plan is DH drives to Palm Springs to get her. 🙏

Yikes!  Did she have one of those new cars that skip the spare tire?

6 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yikes!  Did she have one of those new cars that skip the spare tire?

Yeh she had to go and buy one of those fancy BMWs with low tires and no spare tire. Oy! 🙄. Just give me my cheap reliable Honda or Ford and I’m good to go. This is why we need to see if the dealer even has her tire type. If not she will just Uber home. We will deal with the car/tire tomorrow.

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Just give me my cheap reliable Honda or Ford and I’m good to go. 

Yeah.  My 4Runner has a real, full size tire tucked up under the back.  Coincidentally, I did actually have a flat several years ago between San Diego and Yuma.  I changed it myself.  Probably the last real "work" I've done.  Drove to Yuma and had it fixed under warranty by the Toyota dealer while we went for lunch.  DD reported that she now knew how to change a flat.  😎  I guess that's the "silver lining."

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Wait a tick.  That ain't the interstate 8 Blythe route.  She's on the I10 route.  Your mention of Palm Springs should have been my first clue.🤣

Yup. Once in Palm Springs at the dealership insurance will pay for the first 90 miles for Uber. We will cover the additional 19 miles to HB. Loooong day for the DD. Life is the best teacher IMO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Yup. Once in Palm Springs at the dealership insurance will pay for the first 90 miles for Uber. We will cover the additional 19 miles to HB. Loooong day for the DD. Life is the best teacher IMO.

Yep.  Best wishes to you and DD.

It literally made my head explode when I heard that people were now buying cars without spare tires because "nobody ever gets a flat."  A lot of us have lived long enough to know how absurd that is.  Her mission, should she decide to accept it, is to now go onto the internet and widely report that spare tires are a REALLY good idea!  She'll likely go down in flames....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ChiefMateJRK said:

It literally made my head explode when I heard that people were now buying cars without spare tires because "nobody ever gets a flat."  A lot of us have lived long enough to know how absurd that is.  Her mission, should she decide to accept it, is to now go onto the internet and widely report that spare tires are a REALLY good idea!  She'll likely go down in flames....

Exactly!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Those tires are usually "run flats" so you can continue after getting punctured.

Unless you really destroy the tire.

A spare is still better to have.

Those other ones usually ride really hard, too.

7 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

Those tires are usually "run flats" so you can continue after getting punctured.

Unless you really destroy the tire.

A spare is still better to have.

Those other ones usually ride really hard, too.

Yeh when she wakes up I want to find out what happened. She said bad potholes last night. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

So this is interesting. I thought it’d be nice to pre-order some cheese and crackers for my DDs so they’d have treats in their cabin when they enter. $129 for cheese and crackers?? Even our high end restaurants don’t charge that much for a big charcuterie board. 😳. The food gifts prices on NCL is nutsto. Is it a glitch? Am I missing something? Compared to Princess NCL is out of their minds!

NCL:IMG_4813.thumb.png.dc9b35c86932f397fde7662640b1942c.png

IMG_4811.thumb.png.6884779eda1d17bf2ce79ca273648072.png

Princess:

IMG_4812.thumb.png.3dbd32fa654bfb83bae301298a9ab1b4.png

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

Yep, they are sometimes run flats, but not always.  In this case, it sounds like they weren't.  Thank God @HBCcruiser's DD made it safe and sound.  I'm sure the car will be well cared for in Palm Springs and ready to go when they get back.  One thing I like about manufacturer roadside service is that they take the vehicle to the nearest dealer, not Joe's garage down the street.

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yep, they are sometimes run flats, but not always.  In this case, it sounds like they weren't.  Thank God @HBCcruiser's DD made it safe and sound.  I'm sure the car will be well cared for in Palm Springs and ready to go when they get back.

If it's just the tire, they could be done and gone in no time. Even the wheel, if it is in stock (+ the tire).

2 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

So this is interesting. I thought it’d be nice to pre-order some cheese and crackers for my DDs so they’d have treats in their cabin when they enter. $129 for cheese and crackers?? Even our high end restaurants don’t charge that much for a big charcuterie board. 😳. The food gifts prices on NCL is nutsto. 

That is a crazy price for a pre-order when you or they can order a cheese tray from room service for the $9.95 charge plus gratuity.  Glad to hear your DD made it there safely.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruiser2015 said:

If it's just the tire, they could be done and gone in no time. Even the wheel, if it is in stock (+ the tire).

They are working on the tire now. The plan is to Uber her back there and have her drive the car back here. They are not open on Sunday and she has to be back early Monday morning after the cruise. Never simple is it? 

Edited by HBCcruiser