Anytime Dining Reservations…Bookings in Different Currencies

CruiserMickey

Does anyone know how to work around this dilemma? We are cruising with friends and wish to make dining reservations, but it is not allowing us to do that because they paid for their cruise in USD and we paid in CAD. Anytime Dining doesn’t incur a charge, so it shouldn’t be an issue, but it is.

On our last cruise we made separate dining reservations (at the same time) and then had to have them combined by the Maître’d once we were onboard.

Has anyone else been able to find a workaround for this problem?

In our experience, even with the reservations linked, due to the two different currencies we were unable to book any dining reservations together, even for Anytime Dining. Just book for approximately same time and then speak with the Maître’d on board. We have never had an issue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, cruiztime said:

In our experience, even with the reservations linked, due to the two different currencies we were unable to book any dining reservations together, even for Anytime Dining. Just book for approximately same time and then speak with the Maître’d on board. We have never had an issue. 

Thanks...we will do that.  I was just hoping that the glitch had been worked out so we could save some time on Day 1.

I had the same dilemma.     The reservations were joined but could not book a reservation for 4.    I ended up booking two reservations for two and then had the Retreat Host call and combine them to a single reservation once on the ship.  

58 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I had the same dilemma.     The reservations were joined but could not book a reservation for 4.    I ended up booking two reservations for two and then had the Retreat Host call and combine them to a single reservation once on the ship.  

I have emailed Celebrity with our booking numbers and our request. I’m hoping that there is a workaround that can make this happen before we get on the ship. I know we can combine them when we get onboard, but I’d rather not have to go to line up on day one.

We are not in a suite, so we have no Retreat host to do this for us, but one member of our party is Elite, so we are hoping his status may have some influence to get our reservations made. We’re going to try, anyways.

Wow, this is still a problem.  We had the problem about 6-7 years ago when traveling with a British cousin. We had booked in the US with USD and she had booked in London with GBP and we could not book dinners together so we did what others suggested. Booked the same time for all 3 of us and went right to the M'D as soon as we were on the ship and he solved it for us.  Celebrity's IT still sucks I guess.

I don't believe status will help.   As a Zenith I also had to have the Concierge message the ship.   The main reason is that the Ships Reservation does not open (even for the Maitre 'd) until the day before the cruise.   At that time the Maitre 'd handles all the upper suite requests and other requests sent to them. 

With due respect about 80% of the ship have at least Elite Status and it often doesn't do much.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Click said:

Wow, this is still a problem.  We had the problem about 6-7 years ago when traveling with a British cousin. We had booked in the US with USD and she had booked in London with GBP and we could not book dinners together so we did what others suggested. Booked the same time for all 3 of us and went right to the M'D as soon as we were on the ship and he solved it for us.  Celebrity's IT still sucks I guess.

On one of my cruises I got that message.   It made not sense as we were traveling with My SIL/BIL from Scotland and we were paying for their fare and all charges were on my U.S. Credit Card.   I contacted my Travel Agent and he was able to fix it in less than 5 minutes. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

On one of my cruises I got that message.   It made not sense as we were traveling with My SIL/BIL from Scotland and we were paying for their fare and all charges were on my U.S. Credit Card.   I contacted my Travel Agent and he was able to fix it in less than 5 minutes. 

I’m glad it worked out for you! Crossing my fingers that all will be fine with our reservations.