Entertainment on NCL Encore

Roses_Are_Red

Does anyone know if there is a singular place where one can book entertainment on the ship? I sail in a week, but have only been able to book Choir of Man in advanced.

I have heard that kiosks near the elevators are helpful, but can I book everything there?

Thank you!

5 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Kiosks or designated place (Comedy Club?).  Some may suggest the NCL app, but I prefer the easy/reliable approaches.

Pro tip: if you book at the Kiosk, take a picture with your phone of each booking.

So more options will appear on the app when I board? All that is on the app is Deal or no Deal, the comedy club, and the Cavern Club.

2 minutes ago, Roses_Are_Red said:

So more options will appear on the app when I board? All that is on the app is Deal or no Deal, the comedy club, and the Cavern Club.

I don't know about any of that.  I do know that trying to do anything productive on the NCL app while on the ship is more often than not just an exercise in frustration.

When you board, the Social will have a complete list of shows for the week. You can book Choir of Man, but that's it. But at least you will have a complete list to reference the rest of the week. 

For the best Beatles shows in the Cavern Club, get there an hour early, or prepare to stand in the back.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Roses_Are_Red said:

Does anyone know if there is a singular place where one can book entertainment on the ship? I sail in a week, but have only been able to book Choir of Man in advanced.

I have heard that kiosks near the elevators are helpful, but can I book everything there?

Thank you!

That is the only bookable show. 

When you board, you can go to the box office and get an entertainment menu (The Social Comedy Club Deck 6 midship on embarkation day) with a listing of all of the main shows on your cruise. NCL has guest performers who sign contracts from one week to a couple of months. So, the shows will be different. 

Example menu from the Encore. 

IMG_8194.thumb.jpeg.32e2b9d079ca65c27978415cc3991a03.jpeg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I don't know about any of that.  I do know that trying to do anything productive on the NCL app while on the ship is more often than not just an exercise in frustration.

That's unfortunate to hear, but not a surprise (about the app). Thanks for your feedback!

You cannot book Comedy ahead of time and this turns into  a poop show. We were on Encore  3 weeks ago and there was standing room only as soon as the doors opened. We did see the comedians in the theater on the last evening and they were both awful. Glad we didn't stand for 40 minutes!

We WERE able to book  Choir of Man for a second show on the app and did so around day 5 . What an amazing production-and NOT just because I got dragged onstage for an entire song.

If you miss the particular iteration of The Beatles that are onboard now, you are not missing anything. THey were also a big disappointment.

I dont mean to sound like a downer. The cruise was excellent despite a few glitches. Had an amazing vacation.

Happy New Year, all!

Edited by DrUrsula
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/31/2023 at 10:28 AM, DrUrsula said:

You cannot book Comedy ahead of time and this turns into  a poop show. We were on Encore  3 weeks ago and there was standing room only as soon as the doors opened. We did see the comedians in the theater on the last evening and they were both awful. Glad we didn't stand for 40 minutes!

We WERE able to book  Choir of Man for a second show on the app and did so around day 5 . What an amazing production-and NOT just because I got dragged onstage for an entire song.

If you miss the particular iteration of The Beatles that are onboard now, you are not missing anything. THey were also a big disappointment.

I dont mean to sound like a downer. The cruise was excellent despite a few glitches. Had an amazing vacation.

Happy New Year, all!

You are absolutely right about the Choir of Man!  We booked it twice, on your advice, and were very glad that we did.  We attended one of the comedian shows in the theatre, and it was pretty good. I think I would have liked to see more of the events in the Atrium, but you have to be so early to get a seat.

Starting in Jan 2024, they've also introduced a new $20USD per day fee.  I think they said it was gratuity for those not included in the staff that get the other gratuity.  We called it the "being on the boat fee."  I just wish that they would build all of the fees into the cost of the cruise upfront.  It makes going on a cruise feel like buying a car.  The sticker price is not what you pay in the end.

14 hours ago, Roses_Are_Red said:

Starting in Jan 2024, they've also introduced a new $20USD per day fee.  I think they said it was gratuity for those not included in the staff that get the other gratuity.  We called it the "being on the boat fee." 

What is this new $20 per day fee of which you speak?

18 hours ago, Roses_Are_Red said:

Starting in Jan 2024, they've also introduced a new $20USD per day fee.  I think they said it was gratuity for those not included in the staff that get the other gratuity.  We called it the "being on the boat fee."  I just wish that they would build all of the fees into the cost of the cruise upfront.  It makes going on a cruise feel like buying a car.  The sticker price is not what you pay in the end.

In addition to the DSC?

5 hours ago, mugtech said:

In addition to the DSC?

On my account, it was called service sharge. A notice came around on the 3rd or 4th day informing us this was something new as of January, and was meant to be gratuity for those who worked on the ship but not in a customer-facing role was my understanding. Was there previously a daily service charge of $20? This was my first cruise, so I don't know.