TV on Beyond

Mrdell

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if the televisions in the Beyond staterooms can be pulled out slightly to access the HDMI ports…. I wanted to play some videos if we were resting a little in our cabin…. Thank you 

3 hours ago, Mrdell said:

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if the televisions in the Beyond staterooms can be pulled out slightly to access the HDMI ports…. I wanted to play some videos if we were resting a little in our cabin…. Thank you 

In my IV cabin, Tv could not be moved.  

• Like 1

I believe it may depend on the cabin class you are in.     All the upper suites I've been in CS, RS and PH the TV's are fixed to the wall.    I have however always been able to get my hand in back and put an HDMI extender in to make it easier to plug my HDMI device in.

A RS was especially hard and I had the Butler call IT who came up and installed it for me.  

Unlike some of the older Samsung the ones I've experience on Edge Class have the ports in about 9" from the right edge of the TV.   

Last month I brought along a pair of Long Forecepts and they helped. 

image.png.51f78ba7e9d13e67d7cc46f8a5819185.png

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I believe it may depend on the cabin class you are in.     All the upper suites I've been in CS, RS and PH the TV's are fixed to the wall.    I have however always been able to get my hand in back and put an HDMI extender in to make it easier to plug my HDMI device in.

A RS was especially hard and I had the Butler call IT who came up and installed it for me.  

Unlike some of the older Samsung the ones I've experience on Edge Class have the ports in about 9" from the right edge of the TV.   

Last month I brought along a pair of Long Forecepts and they helped. 

image.png.51f78ba7e9d13e67d7cc46f8a5819185.png

Thanks so much!! Very helpful! …. I also am taking a universal remote (Samsung programming)  to hopefully switch imputs. 😊

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Mrdell said:

Thanks so much!! Very helpful! …. I also am taking a universal remote (Samsung programming)  to hopefully switch imputs. 😊

My experience on all the E-Class ship is the Samsung Remotes no longer work.   The TV's are now just a dumb terminal and the page you see is just a URL link.

Easy work around -  an IT guy taught me.  Used it last month on Edge

Press the CC button

Press menu button

Go to the End

Next page go to the end and choose  Input

https://youtu.be/zYQb4QlCHAA 

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1