Any comments on current Quest cruise?

tripperva

Allow me to give you a short summary:

Entertainment: very good, including an excellent trio from Romania and nightly shows that have been excellent.

Ports: Enjoyed all of them except for British Virgin Islands, which was a late addition to the itinerary.

The problem on this cruise has been very uneven quality with the food. It has had far too much salt for many guests. Often food has arrived cold (or, in the case of ice cream deserts, melted). Seabourn has made "make good" overtures with select passengers who have complained, but not others. There isn't much rhyme or reason to it. It has been a significant issue.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jbb_ny said:

The problem on this cruise has been very uneven quality with the food. It has had far too much salt for many guests. Often food has arrived cold (or, in the case of ice cream deserts, melted). Seabourn has made "make good" overtures with select passengers who have complained, but not others. There isn't much rhyme or reason to it. It has been a significant issue.

I think Seabourn is on a Quest and Sojourn to find a culinary Encore that earns an Ovation like the cuisine of the past that was of Legend, served with Pride, and embodied the Spirit of the cruise line. Their Thomas Keller Odyssey is short-lived so they are in Pursuit of a Venture called Solis, but the Restaurant needs two Sea Goddesses to do some divine intervention before the Sun rises. 🙂

Edited by stan01
  • Like 4
  • Haha 8

I can't comment on the quality of the food since I'm not currently onboard the Quest (that will have to wait until next year), but the New Year's Eve menu for tonight looks darn good to me.  Hope it's the same for next year.

IMG_0321.jpeg

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, skybluewaters said:

This is the piano from last year's NYE dinner on Sojourn.

IMG_4972.jpeg

Same as the one served on Sojourn NYE 2019. Nice memory, thank you for posting the pic.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Utopia1 said:

I am looking at suite 748 on the Quest.  It is below the pool.  Does anyone know if it is very noisy in the morning and at night when they are moving chairs?

We  were in 747 last Jan/Feb on the Quest and loved it. We had no noise from above, however, we were in Antarctica and South Georgia, so activity there  may have been more limited than at other times. We loved the location and would happily book it again.

1 hour ago, tjcox9 said:

We  were in 747 last Jan/Feb on the Quest and loved it. We had no noise from above, however, we were in Antarctica and South Georgia, so activity there  may have been more limited than at other times. We loved the location and would happily book it again.

thank you!

• Like 1

Sailing on Quest to Auckland and Sydney in January 2025. Looking for best location for a Veranda Suite that might mitigate any seasickness problems my brother in law has. But want to make sure we don’t have too much noise and commotion over the top of us. Any cabin ideas?