Onboard the Star Legend

misguy

26 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

We will be getting on for 23 days when you get off.  Watching this thread.  We leave for Auckland on Thursday to board Star Breeze next week for our first Windstar sailing.

We recently returned from there.  Did an overall 40 day trip, Tahiti- Australia-NZ-Fiji.  It was a combo lands stays and a 14 days H*L cruise from Sydney to Auckland.  Fantastic overall experience.  First time in that area.  Not sure what your Breeze itinerary is (maybe ours in reverse) but I did a lot of FB posts with descriptions and pics of each of our port stops which you might find interesting .

On FB I am Maryellen Doyle Irvine

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, portofrome said:

Sin was on the Legend during my Christmas cruise.

I SO hope he will be onboard in March.  My hubby loved doing his music trivia contests (and somehow I got him to take Sin’s Merengue dance class).  My hubby is a 61 yr old music aficionado especially from the ROCK era.  He had a perfect score for Rock genre trivia…… adding the artists as well as name of tune. Sin could not believe it, said he only saw that once prior…to which my husband said “would you like me to add in the year”?  So Rob is looking to add the keychain prize next time since we took the fridge magnet last time (Nov 2022, 9 nt SJU ) 

if anyone is on LEGEND soon and SIN is there, could you ask if he will be there for March 17 voyage?  Thanks. 

@misguy Thank you for the photos and updates to your sailing. I am really enjoying reading about your experiences.  

16 minutes ago, medskis said:

14 days H*L cruise from Sydney to Auckland

@medskis I just booked this itinerary (different line but will watch WS to see if they offer it) for April 2026. I’ll admit I haven’t done any research yet. I assume you are referring to very rough seas in this area? Or were there issues with the ship and or staff?  Apologies to @misguyfor a brief off topic query. 

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

@misguy Thank you for the photos and updates to your sailing. I am really enjoying reading about your experiences.  

@medskis I just booked this itinerary (different line but will watch WS to see if they offer it) for April 2026. I’ll admit I haven’t done any research yet. I assume you are referring to very rough seas in this area? Or were there issues with the ship and or staff?  Apologies to @misguyfor a brief off topic query. 

No, not at all. The sailing was wonderful. A tiny bit rough on the Tasmanian sea. My post were meant to be informative about the ports we visited on a New Zealand and Australia voyage

• Thanks 1

The trip was wonderful, the staff was the best and we loved the food.  I am back home, but have lots of pictures to share, plus video from several excursions.  I will say if you don't mind doing it yourself, it is easy to get tor FCO airport using the train and save a lot of money.  My wife travels with a power wheelchair and we did it with two large suitcases, two backpacks, with no issues.

• Like 2

🌟 New Video Alert: Accessible New Year's Feast Aboard Star Legend! 🚢
Hey everyone! Cheryl and I are thrilled to share our latest adventure - a New Year's Gala Dinner at Amphora on the Star Legend. It's more than just a meal; it's a celebration of accessible luxury and gourmet delights! 🍽️✨
In this video, we take you through each course, from the fresh tomato and watermelon salad to the exquisite lobster tail and beyond. It's a feast that shows how accessible travel can also be incredibly delicious. 🦞🥗
 Watch the full video here: [https://youtu.be/yI58qoFWLfc]
https://youtu.be/yI58qoFWLfc

Don't forget to follow us for more accessible travel content: 📷 Instagram: @kenedmonds19🐦 Twitter: @KenEdmonds19👍 Facebook: Kenneth Edmonds
Together, let's make the world more accessible, one journey at a time! 🌏♿ https://youtu.be/yI58qoFWLfc

Hey Ken & Cheryl.  Thank you for posting this review as we will be traveling on this cruise Feb 18 from Rome to Barcelona.  It will be our first time on Windstar so we are looking forward to this.

• Like 1