LIVE-Prima Feb 2-9, 2024 from Galveston-Western Caribbean with PICs, Haven (HE)

17 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

So far. it’s been way too windy to ever see anyone on the Vibe.  Wondering if they will refund those who purchased it?

IMG_2701.jpeg

Would love to hear from someone on this cruise who is actually in the Vibe.  On our cruise we had wind issues as well.  Not really a big deal.  The trip down and the trip back are naturally windy.  Once you get to the Western Caribbean where you are just getting to now the wind is not nearly an issue.

Even on the way down and the way back we spent quality time in the Vibe.  I just checked the weather for Roatan and Cozumel and the high at both places will be about 80 degrees and winds out of the east just under 10 mph.  If you keep looking you will see plenty of people in the Vibe.  

On 2/3/2024 at 6:16 AM, graphicguy said:

Head scratcher…no wastebasket in the bathroom?

We thought the same, and then noticed that the trash can in the main room was actually two stacked on each other! We moved one to the bathroom...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, sjacobs11 said:

We thought the same, and then noticed that the trash can in the main room was actually two stacked on each other! We moved one to the bathroom...

I’ll look.  Thanks!

28 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Beautiful ship. 

Hear they have quite the art installation. 

It is, indeed!  NCL is definitely moving this class of ship upmarket!

Less “crazed” buffet dining…more focused and smaller dining venues.  Materials all through the ship are nicer.  And, nice art throughout!

• Like 3

So, alluded to a “thing” last night!  I was headed to the local to grab something quick to eat before headed to see DONNA!

There was a wet spot right at the entrance to the bar portion (2 entrances…one to the bar area, one to the sit down restaurant area).

Moving to let someone else pass me who was leaving, I hit the wet spot (quit trying to make this sordid…LOL)!

You guessed it….I turned immediately into “lucha libre” (look it up)! and ended up face down on the floor.  Embarrassed!  

Like a fish out of water, I flopped my way vertical. Already the twisted ankle is swelling as is my knee and hand that hit the ground.

An NCL person (waiter?  bussboy?  who knows as it only heard his voice and got maybe a 2 second glimpse before he went back to doing whatever it was he was doing) told me I should go to medical.  It happened so fast, I hobbled my way to deck 12.

IMG_2707.jpeg

• Like 4

Got to medical, and remember some of the horror stories about ship hospital medical bills.  Ahhhh…not to worry!  I have cruise medical insurance.  

Anyway, I get to their waiting room about 30 minutes before they closed.  Explained what happened and the barrage of “non-medical” questions begin…

“Were you drinking or taking any cannabis products?”

“I had a one beer about 2 hours ago”

“Will you take a breathalyzer?”

”No!  You’re misssing the point.  I fell because of a puddle of water at the restaurant entrance.  “Do I look inebriated to you?”

Admittedly, this caught me off guard and made me a little perturbed!

“Will you sign this waver to cover your medical treatment costs?”

”No!”

Yes I have insurance but now they’re insinuating it’s my fault!  Not covering it!

• Like 6

Here’s the funny part!

While I’m answering questions, and about 2 mins before the Med Center closes, a lady literally comes crashing through the door stating loudly….

”I have explosive diahrea and need something to get rid of it”!

She makes eye contact with me, as I guess I recoiled a little and said…”I don’t care who knows!  My bathroom is a mess”!  Poor room steward!  They immediately put her in a separate examining room!

Onward….

The admitting nurse pits me in another examining room.  About 15 mins later, Dr comes in.  We chat about what happened.  He looks at my knee, my hand and my ankle and immediately says “let’s x-ray those”!

Nurse comes back in to do the x-rays but wants to take my BP first.  126/73.  “It’s high”!

””What?  You think that’s high?”

Whatever!

Let me move this along!

X-Rays were negative!  Yay!  A little black and blue, but I’ll live!

The Dr puts a compression sock on my ankle.  Gives me the script version of tylenol and some anti inflammatory cream for my knee and hand.  He tells the nurse to get me a cane.  

Unnecessary but OK!

As I’m getting ready to leave, security shows up to ask a few questions.  Same ones I answered before…drinking?  CBD/cannabis ingestion?  Breathalyzer?  NO TO ALL!!!!!  Please sign this waiver!

• Like 5

Security…follow me to the Local and show me where you fell.  OK!  

We get there.  Security asks the manager if he knew of the incident-NO!

Asks me which NCL personnel I spoke to-I don’t know…we interfaced for a few seconds, mostly while I was on the floor!

I ask Security for a copy of whatever report he fills out and a copy of the medical report.

Maybe something…maybe nothing!  But, I don’t want any surprises showing up on my credit card!

• Like 6

Been keeping up with the journey & loving the posts and photos, etc. and then ...

Oh Lord as in OMG, sounds like you are okay ... ice packs at a minimum to help with swelling, in addition.  (Ice cubes, from room steward, inside a ziplock bag, should suffice)

NCL doing their CTA, there's probably a video stream for the area plus the crew member's recollection, but. 

BTW, those featherlight Crocs walking shoes, brought 2 pairs & goes almost everywhere.  Docking at Costa Maya soon, what's your plan later now that ... 

Feel better ... and, that walking cane is going to be a conversation piece. 

P.SDan, glad to know you are in good spirit ... was wondering how you ended up with the Local burger instead of dining in Haven, and skipping Donna Live.  Just go "standby" on another night, the late one probably easier to get in without a reservation. Most definitely, 4 figures with the "urgent" care charges.  

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Security…follow me to the Local and show me where you fell.  OK!  

We get there.  Security asks the manager if he knew of the incident-NO!

Asks me which NCL personnel I spoke to-I don’t know…we interfaced for a few seconds, mostly while I was on the floor!

I ask Security for a copy of whatever report he fills out and a copy of the medical report.

Maybe something…maybe nothing!  But, I don’t want any surprises showing up on my credit card!

Well that’s a sucky NCL response all the way around.  Hope it doesn’t slow you down.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Been keeping up with the journey & loving the posts and photos, etc. and then ...

Oh Lord as in OMG, sounds like you are okay ... ice packs at a minimum to help with swelling, in addition.  (Ice cubes, from room steward, inside a ziplock bag, should suffice)

NCL doing their CTA, there's probably a video stream for the area plus the crew member's recollection, but. 

BTW, those featherlight Crocs walking shoes, brought 2 pairs & goes almost everywhere.  Docking at Costa Maya soon, what's your plan later now that ... 

Feel better ... and, that walking cane is going to be a conversation piece. 

Thanks, Henry!

I’ll be fine!

Was a little taken aback about the breathalyzer and signing a form stating I was responsible for payment of medical services.

I don’t know what the charges would be, but 3 x-rays, prescription tylenol, a cane, and an ankle wrap along with the actual Dr consultation!  My guess it’s in the 4 figure realm!

• Like 2

Just now, Luvmypups said:

Well that’s a sucky NCL response all the way around.  Hope it doesn’t slow you down.

Thanks!  

Might forego Costa Maya today.  We don’t dock until this afternoon, though!

I’m on a beautiful ship, having a grand time, being catered to at every turn.  A sore ankle/knee won’t hold me back!

• Like 6

18 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

It's not! Haha...at least in November it was the worst NCL pizza I had ever had. And I've tried it on my whopping total of five NCL cruises!  I'm more a bellyacher haha

I assume your belly ached even more after eating the pizza...

• Haha 3