LIVE-Prima Feb 2-9, 2024 from Galveston-Western Caribbean with PICs, Haven (HE)

1 hour ago, Liljo22 said:

Is the wastebasket not attached to the inside of the door under the sink?  I didn’t have a Haven cabin but that is where mine was.

Looked…there isn’t a hook there, nor a wastebasket!

So, this is what makes us nuts…it’s raining.  Yet, someone got up early this a.m., when it wasn’t raining to “chog”.  They had no intention of actually using these loungers.

Personally, if I were NCL, every towel would have a cabin # or ID from a guest to sign out.  Crew can remove if it’s on an empty lounger for more than 30 mins.  If it’s returned, no harm no foul.  If it’s gone (regardless of reason), it’s a $50/towel charged to their account.

This example is just narcissistic, lazy and selfish!

IMG_2669.jpeg

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 8
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, CruisnHallelujahs said:

Enjoying your review! Love all this pics.  Wondering if it’s possible for your concierge to get you a spot on the behind the scenes tour?

Talked to him about that.  He seemed irritated he couldn’t .  He said that tour is run by Cruise Next.  He went on to say (and what we all think)…”if I called Cruise Next and told them to come up to the Haven because someone wanted to buy a CN certificate but only if there’s a slot available for the tour, they would drop what they’re doing and grab you immediately to put you in the tour”.

He said he calls them all the time and they always say they are sold out.  

I don’t think he exaggerated!

I have no proof of this, but wonder if they hold the tour for this who come to buy a CN?

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 8:34 AM, graphicguy said:

Wanted to give a special shout out to Galveston Saltwater Moms.  Small family transport run mainly by….well…a local Mom…Lori.  On time, pleasant, nice vehicle, competitive pricing (albeit cash only), great communication.  Highly recommended!

Look them (her) up on social media!

IMG_2492.png

Booked with Lori for March!   

• Like 1

Had a nice turn out for the Meet and Greet!!!  Thanks to the NCL Management staff for making this possible and hosting us!!!!!👏. Well done!👍 

And yes, they mentioned NCL does read Cruise Critic!

IMG_2672.jpeg

IMG_2674.jpeg

IMG_2676.jpeg

• Like 5

@graphicguy

From your pic, it looks like you are port side... deck 12-ish

Can you speak to the slide issue please during the sailing at some point?

Do they run that thing sea days/port days? Curious about noise (though realize its variable based on age of pax, etc) 

TYIA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Talked to him about that.  He seemed irritated he couldn’t .  He said that tour is run by Cruise Next.  He went on to say (and what we all think)…”if I called Cruise Next and told them to come up to the Haven because someone wanted to buy a CN certificate but only if there’s a slot available for the tour, they would drop what they’re doing and grab you immediately to put you in the tour”.

He said he calls them all the time and they always say they are sold out.  

I don’t think he exaggerated!

I have no proof of this, but wonder if they hold the tour for this who come to buy a CN?

Welp…maybe there’s a lot more interest being a new ship.  Forgot about the need to get in the cruisenext line asap thanks for the reminder.  Sorry he couldn’t help you out.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CruisnHallelujahs said:

Welp…maybe there’s a lot more interest being a new ship.  Forgot about the need to get in the cruisenext line asap thanks for the reminder.  Sorry he couldn’t help you out.  

I spoke to the Cruise Next Manager.  He said they are quite aware of the issue!  He mentioned some solutions, but nothing definitive, other than there are two different depts working it… Cruise Cruise Next and Latitudes.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

@graphicguy

From your pic, it looks like you are port side... deck 12-ish

Can you speak to the slide issue please during the sailing at some point?

Do they run that thing sea days/port days? Curious about noise (though realize its variable based on age of pax, etc) 

TYIA

I’m Deck 13.   Not sure I know what the “slide issue” is?

No noise that I have heard!

9 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I’m Deck 13.   Not sure I know what the “slide issue” is?

No noise that I have heard!

The Drop side port side, and the 2 twisted ones starboard.

Wondering what kind of noise- yelling etc nd when they run.

Guessing if you dont hear it this week--that its likely not much of an issue

• Like 1

17 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Opted for Haven Dinner..

IMG_2637.jpeg

I miss the Delmonico steak I had a while back at the Epic Haven. But now that “I am a retired investor living on the pension” I settle for the pecan fried chicken at the Garden Cafe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

The Drop side port side, and the 2 twisted ones starboard.

Wondering what kind of noise- yelling etc nd when they run.

Guessing if you dont hear it this week--that its likely not much of an issue

It’s not an issue.  There was barely anyone riding them on my kid filled cruise.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

Nice try. We all know you're actually on the Prima, planning to surprise @graphicguyand @RocketMan275.

Gosh darnit you can read me like a book. Wonder if they noticed the hockey pucks I left at their doors. 

For the nonbelievers…I made it and it was a glorious day. Weather after today not so good. 

IMG_7084.thumb.jpeg.c96c43b0439528cdea2d20b88d6e12ca.jpeg

IMG_7091.thumb.jpeg.61b8d3af4c437561d71340cc53ba0016.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

What a bummer, missed the chance to do the comp'd BTS tour,  ... next time, perhaps as it seemed you have a positive impression of the new ship, it's most definitely different with the modernized look.  Viva & Aqua adopting subtle changes, i.e. extra/expanded seating in the Food Hall (concept that's apparently roll across the strip hotels along the Vegas corridor along with tons of changes and, fees ...)

Mystery of the missing wastebasket ... hmmm, time to ask your friendly room steward, perhaps s/he forgot to put it back while doing the turnaround deep cleaning, especially if there isn't one cleverly hidden in the bathroom/shower area below the sink, behind the double doors, as it should.  Typically, that's near the coffee station/mini refrigerator - did you slide open all the closet/doors nearby ... maybe under that (platform ??) bed frame with swing-out doors for storage ??   Probably an oversight on the part of housekeeping - what are you suppose to do with the garbage, ask them for disposable plastic liners/bags ??   Pay closer attention to those USB wall/bedside outlets, they are unmarked and/or imprinted with 1.5 amp output only ... not even adequate 5+ years ago when flagship devices needed at least 2.1 amp or higher - good for cameras & smart watches.  

As for Starlink, it's consistent at those speed or slower at peak times but never any faster ... IT most definitely throttling the bandwidth & speed/access, holding it back for ship's own operations & needs.  All those digital handhelds (used by the dining teams) and tablet orders, all funneling into their hidden SSiD and putting a moderate load against the onboard inTRAnet servers/hardware.  Whenever we can and within range of land/roaming local cellular towers, I switch back to use faster 5G available and/or 4G LTE ... especially when uploading anything.  Forget about any MP4 or video clips for CC ... took forever and infinity onboard using Starlink, caching not helpful. 

Looking at the calling card/listing of ship officer "who's who" - seemed like the team we had onboard last November are mostly off the gangway, vaction/on leave and/or possibly rotated to another NCL ship ... only 2 or 3 names unchanged.  Alvin, CD apparently back home in SE Asia, etc.  Should be interesting.  If the regular team is onboard, perhaps, just maybe, they can possibly find a way to comp'd you to join/do the paid & longer BTS tour at no charge, as a courtesy since the free one was full & all booked up by the time ... 

As the Ocean Walk hogs' blue towels, we had fun watching the crew collecting & removing the towels after a while as we're enjoying an early lunch inside in air conditioned comfort.  

We are finally seeing a bit of sunshine here in NY, still on the chilly side - time for a midday walk in the neighborhood, bulter services for Mrs. as summoned, that is.  

• Like 2

Latitudes Party in the Observation Lounge….

220 silver

114 Gold 

108 platinum

58 sapphire

5 diamond

2 ambassador

60% of the guests on this cruise are Latitudes members

Plus, our Captain is quite the crooner…

Again, nice job NCL!

IMG_2677.jpeg

IMG_2678.jpeg

IMG_2679.jpeg