Aft penthouse sky princess - feel the motion of the ocean?!

cbowls30

Interested in hearing from anyone who's had an aft penthouse on sky, especially in rough seas! Was the movement really bad? Considering one of these cabins but worried about ship movement - we sail in January Carribbean... thanks 

13 minutes ago, cbowls30 said:

Interested in hearing from anyone who's had an aft penthouse on sky, especially in rough seas! Was the movement really bad? Considering one of these cabins but worried about ship movement - we sail in January Carribbean... thanks 

We find the motion relaxing and helps us sleep. Much less movement than forward facing cabins in my opinion

• Like 1

Not sure if this helps… we were in an aft penthouse deck 10, starboard side on  the Enchanted(sister ship) sailing back to NYC  from Canada trying to skirt Hurricane Fiona.  I don’t remember much motion in the cabin, although the hangers in the closet made a lot of racket, we had to move them and take some down.  We did notice motion down on deck 5.   This lasted about 36 hours.  The ocean was pretty angry.  We don’t get sick easily, but carry Scopolamine patches anyway and use them as a precaution.  

Guest Snaxmuppet
51 minutes ago, milolii said:

We don’t get sick easily, but carry Scopolamine patches anyway and use them as a precaution.  

Do they work?

We were in an aft ph on the enchanted for 20 days last winter. There was more noise from moving and shaking of the ship, but it didn’t bother us. The benefits of the huge balcony area were well worth any noises or shaking. We were only able to get an aft cabin one 10 day segment on our upcoming 30 days next month, but we’re looking forward to it. 

I had an aft suite once though it was on The Crown  and as someone who can get sea sick, I only booked it that once. There was simply too much motion for me. Beautiful view but the swaying just got to be too much for me. 

11 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I had an aft suite once though it was on The Crown  and as someone who can get sea sick, I only booked it that once. There was simply too much motion for me. Beautiful view but the swaying just got to be too much for me. 

We booked an aft balcony on the Royal last year and got so sea sick that we had to plead to move cabins.  Thankfully, there was a midship cabin available and we were promptly relocated.  
We normally stay in either midship or aft cabins but this itinerary just hit some very rough seas.