Frustrated! Is there a shuttle from Ravenna city centre to the cruise port?

dcac2

I am so frustrated....our cruise states Venice(Ravenna) as departure port, but as far as I'm concerned Ravenna Cruise Port has nothing to do with Venice which is over 2 hrs away.  Now that I have vented about that....IF we decide to stay overnight in Ravenna, is there a shuttle that goes to the port from Ravenna city centre that we can book or should we secure a taxi for transport.  Celebrity cruises does not have any kind of shuttle from Venice to the port or Ravenna city centre to the port 😟

I appreciate all advice from those who have cruised out of Ravenna. 

Many thanks in advance!

Posted (edited)

Yes, there is:  Shuttle bus - Ravenna / Porto Corsini Cruise Terminal - Ravenna Turismo

But note that for two people, a taxi might be about the same amount of money.

The issue is finding a taxi when so many other people want to go at the same time.  You can have your hotel arrange one for you.

Edited by euro cruiser
  • Like 1

Celebrity has had a shuttle from Venice in the past. Are you 100% sure it is not being offered?

(There was also a cruise sponsored shuttle from the Ravenna train station which is right in town; however, a local shuttle may have replaced it now— not sure.)

8 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Celebrity has had a shuttle from Venice in the past. Are you 100% sure it is not being offered?

(There was also a cruise sponsored shuttle from the Ravenna train station which is right in town; however, a local shuttle may have replaced it now— not sure.)

I phoned Celebrity yesterday & was told that they did not offer a shuttle from Venice to the Ravenna cruise port.   I will try & call again tomorrow.   I feel as though they should, since they say the cruise departs Day 1 Venice(Ravenna)….exactly how it is written on our cruise documents.  Quite deceiving actually!

It’s been the case for the past 2 years; ships are not allowed to dock in Venice proper anymore.

Celebrity reps are as likely as not to give you the wrong answer but at least for the past two Med seasons they have offered one and at a fairly reasonable cost considering it is a 2 plus hour drive….

Just now, cruisemom42 said:

It’s been the case for the past 2 years; ships are not allowed to dock in Venice proper anymore.

Celebrity reps are as likely as not to give you the wrong answer but at least for the past two Med seasons they have offered one and at a fairly reasonable cost considering it is a 2 plus hour drive….

Thanks for your info cruisemom42.  I will try to contact Celebrity again 🤞

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, dcac2 said:

Thanks for your info cruisemom42.  I will try to contact Celebrity again 🤞

I was on Celebrity's sister company, Royal Caribbean, but it took me two calls to find an agent that knew how to properly research and sell transfers from Ravenna to Venice.  I would assume that someone at Celebrity will eventually find a transfer. 

Royal Caribbean sold 2 transfers between Venice and Ravenna.  One was to/from the Venice Marco Polo Airport for those arriving or departing from the airport.  The second transfer sold was to/from "Venice City Center".  Their definition of Venice City Center was a bus parking lot beside the Tronchetto Island car parking garage and People Mover station.  So, if you would be staying in Venice at a hotel before/after your cruise, you would need to get transportation from your hotel to/from the Tronchetto People Mover station to utilize the transfer bus.

Royal was charging about $55 per person for these transfers (one way) in 2023.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

25 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

I was on Celebrity's sister company, Royal Caribbean, but it took me two calls to find an agent that knew how to properly research and sell transfers from Ravenna to Venice.  I would assume that someone at Celebrity will eventually find a transfer. 

Royal Caribbean sold 2 transfers between Venice and Ravenna.  One was to/from the Venice Marco Polo Airport for those arriving or departing from the airport.  The second transfer sold was to/from "Venice City Center".  Their definition of Venice City Center was a bus parking lot beside the Tronchetto Island car parking garage and People Mover station.  So, if you would be staying in Venice at a hotel before/after your cruise, you would need to get transportation from your hotel to/from the Tronchetto People Mover station to utilize the transfer bus.

Royal was charging about $55 per person for these transfers (one way) in 2023.

Thank-you MeHeartCruising!  I actually sent an email early this morning to Celebrity with my questions, but still have not had a response.  I will wait until tomorrow & if I haven't heard back I will call...again.  It is good to know that others have been able to find a transfer.  

Booking a transfer should not be this difficult & Celebrity agents should have this information readily accessible for reference.🤷‍♀️

Update😀  

I talked to a very well-informed Celebrity rep who said there IS a shuttle for passengers on the morning of the cruise...$78 (Canadian dollars).  He said it would leave from the Venice city centre/People mover station. (just like MeHeartCruising said 👍)

Thanks to everyone for your help!

• Like 1