What will be different on Explora II?

joseph123

Posted (edited)

Anyone have any inside information on what changes might be made when Explora II is launched based on lessons learned from Explora I? Things such as increasing the amount of sun beds at the conservatory pool, providing more options for shade around the pools, more food offerings at the creperie/gelateria, variety offered in the shops, better entertainment, etc., all minor things that have been voiced as suggestions from those who have sailed thus far. Also wondering if the decor will be exactly the same or if they might change it up a bit. May have to wait until it is launched to find out?

Edited by joseph123

• joseph123 changed the title to What will be different on Explora II?
Posted (edited)

As I understand it any changes that are structural will not be made until EJ3 however softer changes eg change sofas in the lobby bar so there is more seating are being actively investigated 

Edited by uktog

Yes, Usually when these ships are being rolled out on schedule it is ship Number 3 that they can make structural changes to.   Explora 2 will be mostly cosmetic I would think.   Keep in mind that once the design is approved and keel is laid, etc, the insurance company must get involved in most changes.  So even the smallest of changes on cruise ships start at 1,000,000+.  Safe travels. 

Agree. Bigger changes for EJ3 onward only. I believe the most notable of them will be more top suites and less baseline ones to make those ships to become more akin to the ~750 guests more common on the other true luxe lines. For EJ2, there will be only "cosmetic" changes. I believe there will be more tables to Med YC, some minor tweaks to the lobby bar, and some tweaks to the main pool, other than other minor bug fixes. Otherwise, only a slightly different color scheme, and the likes.