Host Lifestyle Fund

johng75370

13 hours ago, English Tim said:

I love your new positivity after your earlier trials and tribulations.

We have just been informed that our third request for a reduction following the latest special offer has been accepted. It’s almost like a present every every month.

Do you mind explaining more on the request for a reduction for the third time?  My in-laws are booked on our April 2024 sailing and they paid full price for their OT4 cabin and so far Explora will not do anything for them even though the current prices for their cabin are 2k less and offer the OBC. 

I was able to transfer my April booking to another cruise in Oct 24 and rebooked the April cruise during the BF sale. It’s really frustrating dealing with their corporate office and if you use a TA they won’t discuss costs with you. My in-laws are 90 years old so will not hassle over the price, but it really bothers me that EJ slashed these prices after saying they would sail empty before lowering prices.

I’m also told the cruise has 70% of cabins sold and I have a feeling there will be a lot of travel agents on board. 

11 hours ago, KJB416 said:

Do you mind explaining more on the request for a reduction for the third time?  My in-laws are booked on our April 2024 sailing and they paid full price for their OT4 cabin and so far Explora will not do anything for them even though the current prices for their cabin are 2k less and offer the OBC. 

I was able to transfer my April booking to another cruise in Oct 24 and rebooked the April cruise during the BF sale. It’s really frustrating dealing with their corporate office and if you use a TA they won’t discuss costs with you. My in-laws are 90 years old so will not hassle over the price, but it really bothers me that EJ slashed these prices after saying they would sail empty before lowering prices.

I’m also told the cruise has 70% of cabins sold and I have a feeling there will be a lot of travel agents on board. 

AFAIK we will not get any OBC, but each time I have noticed a price drop, due to a sale, I have contacted my travel agent asking if this can be applied to us. On the last occasion they said no, so I said would they give us an upgrade  or on board credit, and they surprisingly said they would honour the reduction, or it was only about £100.

they have recently started saying, that offers are for new bookings only.

Edited by English Tim
Addition

3 hours ago, maggie.1008 said:

We booked before the sale so no price drop but OBC. Which sailing are they on?
We are on Honolulu to Vancouver in April and hope we are not overrun with TAs. 

we are on April 12 LA - Vancouver

Thank you for the information.  I emailed them last night asking about it again, since the sale price is significant.  I mean, they would take an upgrade over a reimbursement, but it doesn't seem like corporate wants to do anything for paying customers.  Just offering the free stuff to the TA and influencers.  

On 1/5/2024 at 6:50 PM, uktog said:

My onboard experience - it’s certainly not pretentious. Names are a minor irritant but not enough to dismiss the line 

I’d be interested to get your thoughts on EJ. We’ve sailed with Viking, Silversea and Celebrity. Thanks

Just now, friendlyfifer said:

I’d be interested to get your thoughts on EJ. We’ve sailed with Viking, Silversea and Celebrity. Thanks

We really enjoyed it. Think Viking Space but with even better food and of course drinks included with excellent service. The entertainment isn’t good but they’re onto that problem and the entertainment director left during our second cruise. It needs a rethink and someone to manage whatever they offer. (I think there was a wrong hire as the lady wanted to be seen as a performer). 

55 minutes ago, uktog said:

We really enjoyed it. Think Viking Space but with even better food and of course drinks included with excellent service. The entertainment isn’t good but they’re onto that problem and the entertainment director left during our second cruise. It needs a rethink and someone to manage whatever they offer. (I think there was a wrong hire as the lady wanted to be seen as a performer). 

Thanks for the quick response. Everything is of course subjective but I do value the opinion of a fellow Scot.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, uktog said:

After just spending 16 days onboard I believe the entertainment has been improved.  They currently have a 5 piece house band with two additional vocalists.  The twice nightly shows have been well attended and received.  Along with the guest performers we have found the entertainment to be very acceptable.   There also was a Super Bowl party and a Valentine masquerade party.  The current entertainment director Monique is trying very hard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wheelhouse said:

After just spending 16 days onboard I believe the entertainment has been improved.  They currently have a 5 piece house band with two additional vocalists.  The twice nightly shows have been well attended and received.  Along with the guest performers we have found the entertainment to be very acceptable.   There also was a Super Bowl party and a Valentine masquerade party.  The current entertainment director Monique is trying very hard. 

That sounds much better! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2024 at 8:34 PM, kidless said:

We gave additional tips to those that exceeded our expectations. Not sure I trust a “fund” who manages fund and decides who gets it?

Agree. In my view, the best way to reward exceptional service is to tip the person who renders it. If that person decides to share their tip with others, it’s their choice.