Upgrades

Pickels

If and when you get an opportunity to do an upgrade to your reservation, is it worth the cost?  Is there anything you have to be aware of or concerned with, if you do the upgrade? Is this a “bid on the upgrade” issue?Thanks!

The value of any upgrades offered will probably depend on how many cabins Princess has available to upgrade, and unsold.

If you are eligible to bid...  decide on what amount of money you think would be a good deal, and make it worth the extra cost.  Bid,  and cross your fingers.

Once you bid, and if your bid is accepted, you are pretty much locked in.

Your cabin can be any available cabin in any location in that Category.

The only possibility is,  if you do not like the new cabin location, you can do an even switch to any other cabin that might show up as available.

Winning bids are an anomaly these days with cruises being over 100% capacity. You are normally bidding on cabins that aren’t even available at the time you are making the bid. winning bids only really happen when there is a last second no show. Pre-Covid and during the restart, wins were fairly common. Those days are LONG gone. The best thing about the bids is that YOU determine what cost is worth it to you or not. If you don’t think $500 bid is worth it, bid less. The only thing to be careful about is that once/if your bid is accepted you are locked in. If you dont like the location, there is no going back. 

• 3 weeks later...

Then I must have been the lucky one! I booked an inside cabin and then bid the maximum ($180) for an outside obstructed view. My only desire was to get a few more square feet of space in the cabin, which most of the obstructed view cabins would have provided. Twelve days before sailing I got the news my bid was accepted and my new cabin number. Researching exact photos of the interior of the new cabin showed an exact copy of the inside cabin, same size and furnishings and layout, with the addition of 3rd and 4th bunks hanging on the walls and a door to the adjoining cabin. The window was completely blocked by a lifeboat but I didn’t care about that. At first when I called she said there was absolutely nothing I could do. The second time I called (5 minutes later) someone else gave me back my old cabin and refunded my $180.