Camp Discovery Kids Club Registration Questions

JAT0303

We're taking a family cruise in July and have some children in cabins with adults that aren't their parents (to get best pricing on all cabins.)  Given this cruise is in July, I'm concerned that there won't be room in the Discovery Kids Club if we wait to register until we are onboard.  The pre-registration form requires the parent or legal guardian to be in the same cabin (it's done through the cruise check-in process.) 

Does anyone have experience with 1) Whether the kids clubs actually reach capacity on cruises with lots of children?  2) How to pre-register the kids with the paper form before getting on the ship?  Thank you!

I don't know the answer to your questions but preregistering was a waste of my time.  I still had to fill out paper forms for all 3 kids on the first day of the cruise even though I preregistered through the App.  This was last month on Discovery Princess.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JAT0303 said:

We're taking a family cruise in July and have some children in cabins with adults that aren't their parents (to get best pricing on all cabins.)  Given this cruise is in July, I'm concerned that there won't be room in the Discovery Kids Club if we wait to register until we are onboard.  The pre-registration form requires the parent or legal guardian to be in the same cabin (it's done through the cruise check-in process.) 

Does anyone have experience with 1) Whether the kids clubs actually reach capacity on cruises with lots of children?  2) How to pre-register the kids with the paper form before getting on the ship?  Thank you!

do the on line registration, using the adult that is currently assigned to the same cabin.

once on board, the first day, go to the camp, fill out the paperwork and add others that are allowed to drop off or pick up kids.  We traveled with our grandkids, and the parents and us were allowed to drop off and pick up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

do the on line registration, using the adult that is currently assigned to the same cabin.

once on board, the first day, go to the camp, fill out the paperwork and add others that are allowed to drop off or pick up kids.  We traveled with our grandkids, and the parents and us were allowed to drop off and pick up.

If I recall correctly, if you add everyone's booking number to the APP, you can give pickup/drop off privileges to all the other adults in your group directly from the App.  We are a family of 5 so we had 2 cabins and had to do this. At least that is how it worked with the Medalion App.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/30/2024 at 12:05 PM, Piemur617 said:

How many kids are allowed into Camp Discovery? And how many staff are there to supervise?

I don't know.  There were at least 2 staff members each time I picked up my son.  They kept the door locked and pushed a desk in front of it.  When parents arrive for pickup/drop off they open the door to let the kid inside or get the kid's number for pickups.  Parents sign them in/out but never go inside after embarkation day.  They wait in the hall while staff retrieve your kid.   It felt pretty safe to me and I'm typically extra cautious because my son has ADHD & high-functioning Autism.  He doesn't sit still just because someone tells him to.  In his mind, if there is a door it is meant to be opened.  

On 1/5/2024 at 6:31 AM, TN-Mountains said:

I don't know the answer to your questions but preregistering was a waste of my time.  I still had to fill out paper forms for all 3 kids on the first day of the cruise even though I preregistered through the App.  This was last month on Discovery Princess.

Interesting. We preregistered on the app, and didn't have to complete any paperwork last month on Discovery Princess.

42 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Interesting. We preregistered on the app, and didn't have to complete any paperwork last month on Discovery Princess.

Same for our last two cruises.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

Hmm.  I don’t know why they made us fill out paper copies then.  I wonder if it had something to do with the rollout of their new app???  Our cruise was right before Christmas (19-23) so we were still using the medallion app…maybe they were already transitioning IT “stuff” on the ship & we’re having issues???