Epic--USB outlets?

Some reviews reported Epic has no USB outlets and minimal AC sockets in an inconvenient location. 

Has that been improved during refurbishment?

Are there power outlets near beds?

Thanks in advance

The answers seem to be no I keep a couple of these and multiple USB adapters along with some 220V USB adapters like these I bring them along no matter the ship I run one extension to one side of the bed then the other over to the other side so we can charge all of our electronics.  not very expensive and something we just keep in our bags, comes in handy for hotels and other places too. 

51DbEdzXeZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71eHjtlmiwL._AC_SL1500_[1].jpg

Insofar as Epic's balcony cabins, there are 4 outlets (excluding the low amp. "shaver" only 110v outlet next to the vanity mirror by the sink) two are 110 volts and two 220 volts - bring 2 EU 2-pins adapter as we do, and you will have 4 direct access outlet, more if you use a power tap or mini (non-surge protected) power strip or extension.  

Its location is cleverly hidden, look under the desk/dresser table, near the mini-refrigerator on top of a storage shelf - it's basically directly across from the bed (P.S.  pull the bed frame to fully extend the mattress, or else, anyone over 5' 8" to 10" might end up with his/her feet hanging over the bed ... it does reduce the usable walk space to/from the balcony ... ditto for the convertible sofa/bed if there is a 3rd person sharing or using it to sleep - pull it out sideway)  There are zero outlets (none that we can find) near the headboard/storage panels, etc.  There are no USB outlets whatsoever ... the Prima has bedside USB, rated at 1.5 amp only, useless - IMHO.  

PXL_20230502_154219161.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

From a cybersecurity perspective, you should never, ever use an USB outlet that you don’t personally own. Not in a mall. Not in an airport, not on a plane, not on a cruise ship. 

I'm pretty sure charging my earphones is perfectly safe as far as cybersecurity goes. 

Edit: If you want to read about USB security https://www.fcc.gov/juice-jacking-tips-to-avoid-it

Edited by Asawi

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2024 at 7:11 PM, fredflint said:

The answers seem to be no I keep a couple of these and multiple USB adapters along with some 220V USB adapters like these I bring them along no matter the ship I run one extension to one side of the bed then the other over to the other side so we can charge all of our electronics.  not very expensive and something we just keep in our bags, comes in handy for hotels and other places too. 

51DbEdzXeZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71eHjtlmiwL._AC_SL1500_[1].jpg

See