Extending your stay - flight query

Adowsett

Posted (edited)

Hello, we are booked on Azura next December for the Canaries cruise. Finishing in Tenerife 27th December.  We wish to stay on another week in Tenerife for NY.  Do P&O allow you to change your flights with them or is it a case you get your own flights back? 🙂 

Edited by Adowsett
Spelling

2 minutes ago, Adowsett said:

Hello, we are booked on Azura next December for the Canaries cruise. Finishing in Tenerife 27th December.  We wish to stay on another week in Tenerife for NY.  Do P&O allow you to change your flights with them or is it a case you get your own flights back? 🙂 

The included flights are non changeable, but I guess P&O would be happy to let you arrange your own return flight.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

The included flights are non changeable, but I guess P&O would be happy to let you arrange your own return flight.

Ok thanks, I was expecting that 🙂 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Adowsett said:

I had been told you can change a flight date and P&O will arrange another flight, but it can only be done for up to three days ahead or after your cruise.  You also loose the transfers, which you would have to pay for yourselves.  You can also book a hotel through along with the flight change for Azura cruises, when the transfers would be included.  Transfers are fairly pricey in Tenerife.  In the Caribbean P&O do not have hotel accommodation, but seems they can still alter the flight date.  We were told that by an a future flight rep on Aurora last summer.  There is also the proviso that the option has to be available and I got the impression that asking to do that earlier, rather than later is more likely to be successful.

We were on an Azura cruise in September/Oct 2022 and was in a social media group for that cruise, where a number of people reported that they had had their flight date changed under the system I mentioned above.  A fair number of those flights were with Easy Jet, so presumably P&O would only agree when the replacement flights were of a reasonable price. 

Some passengers have been placed on scheduled flights for Azura, though I am not sure if they are still doing that as cruises are sometimes sold without without flights now.  I should think it is all a case of what is cheaper for P&O. 

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, tring said:

Transfers are fairly pricey in Tenerife.

Often cheaper to simply hire a car for a few days - Cicar is my recommendation because they are fully inclusive and don't add an additional expensive CDW charge and don't charge any extra for one-way hires between their depots.

We did this earlier this year .

We flew out to Malta early then came back on the standard return flight it was no problem just a phone call to

P&O who referred to the flights advisor who sorted this out .

You might have to pay a small supplement but was no bother .

Hope this helps

• Like 2